Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

if u have boys 5 or under do they do this?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:34 AM
  • 15 Replies
Hi. I have 2 littleboys. My oldest is 5 and my youngest 2. To most moms this might sound silly but I grew up the only child and I was really never around little boys except at school. My boys just always seem to be fascinated with touching themselves. In the tub, when they watch cartoons they will put their hand down their pants, or if they have to go tinkle they they do the same. I tell them to stop it. They stop but sooner or later I have to tell them to stop it again. Is this all little boys that do this around this age? How do u get them to stop?
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaysmom2002
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol. My son was the same way he was always doing that especially in the morning when he woke up but he grew out of it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Stop drawing attention to it. When you tell a child to stop doing something, they're going to do it more. Draw attention to when they're NOT having their hands on themselves. Say things like, oh good, you're doing this or that with your hands!! You're coloring! Kids respond better to positive stuff than negative.

Bknotnobody
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:37 AM
My son does when he's getting his diaper changed, not all the time. I think it is normal. However he's my only son, lol. If it gets to be too much just explain hey we only do that in our bedroom, in public it's not appropriate. *shrugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SoKamele
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:39 AM
3 moms liked this

It's normal....lol...grown men can't keep their hands off it..can't expect a little boy.

norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Normal! All men I've known touch themselves alot. They hardly know they are doing it. It's just something guys do. Just maybe start telling him to do it in private, not where others can see.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:41 AM

It doesn't end when they turn 6, 12, 18 or even 30. LOL Just look away and tell them to do that in private.

raegan1221
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:43 AM
I think its normal lol...my son would do it, and I'd tell him to stop and explain its inappropriate and hed stop. I'm sure your boys will eventually stop too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poshkat
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Normal.when my son who is 6, starts the whole touching/masturbating thing I just calmly tell him that is a private thing and if he feels the need to do that he can go to his room and do it there.
lilmomma232010
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:43 AM

going through the same thing with my youngest right, but he will pull his pants down and point to it and scream at the top of his lungs "my wee-wee", i just tell him yes that is his but we dont let other people see it and we dont pull it out in public, its not nice.

BKozICan
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:45 AM

They outgrow doing it in public about the time they start school. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)