Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

What does morning sickness feel like?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:39 AM
  • 12 Replies

This is weird I know but I was just wondering. Ive never had it and I just want to know does it really just come out of no where. Should I worry about going to the grocery store? Will I really see raw meat and just lose it there? After you get sick do you feel better afterwards? Im really bad when I do get sick and barf I usually cant eat anything for a few days and being pregnant I know that cant fly. Im only 5 weeks so I scared for the next few weeks.

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrazyLife1996
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:48 AM
It depends on the pregnancy. Sometimes you get it sometimes you don't.

If you for Ginger tea is awesome for combating the nausea.

Some smells effect one and not another.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
StacyO722
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:53 AM

It's different for everyone. I just felt sick all the time. If I didn't eat something right when I woke up, I'd puke. Sometimes even when I did eat I puked. But felt better after. It's like being nauseous all the time. Certain things will trigger it one day, but not the next. Smells are a big trigger, it could be the trash can, onions, cooked meat, just depends.

kbutton24
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:56 AM
It's definitely different for everyone. I was sick my entire pregnancy. I was finally given medicine during my 2nd trimester. Without it, I couldn't even keep down water.
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Lmao. Welcome to the group.

You shouldn't "worry" about going anywhere.

Everyone experiences it differently.

My first kid I would feel dizzy and spinning, voilently throw up at anything, any hour of the day/ night.

My second child- I would feel dizzy sometimes but that's it.

I guess you could describe it as a hangover. Congrats and GL!!

pinkyj619
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:27 PM
I think I just found out myself. Was riding along in the car from going to Walmart and suddenly my stomach rolled and I was struggling not to throw up and still am.
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Don't know. Never had it with any of my pregnancies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngelicMommy_72
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Lol never had it with ds 1, at all.... my big problem was exhaustion.... I worked really hard n it took all I had those first two months.

Ds 2, I had motion sickness... being in the car too long if I hadn't ate, I'd get bad dizzy n nauseated but wouldn't puke.... or visiting my in laws for. two weeks.. . they have a house on "stilts " because they live so close to the water... it sways with the slightest movements. .... that was the only time I actually did vomit.
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:58 AM

my morning sickness started at about 6 weeks..but mine wasnt just morning sickness...it was all day.  for me i felt nauseaus 24/7..and i had dizzy spells..and certain smells..(like eggs) OMG made me feel worse!  ohhhh and bushing my teeth, made me gag, and puke like crazy!!  it was terrible..lol..cuz then i needed to brush my teeth again..and well..you know..LOL

katinahat
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:03 AM

It feels like nausea. I had it from 5 weeks pregnant on-- I was still throwing up in a trashcan when I was pushing my daughter out at 41 weeks 4 days. It sucked. Loss of appetite, stomach unsettled, etc.

Radellia
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:10 AM

For me, it was just really bad nausea. I never threw up with my pregnancy... I got close, but once I felt that nausea I knew to slow down or get away from what might have been triggering it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN