Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Help! What does this mean? (tax related)

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:25 AM
  • 20 Replies

When I checked my fiance's refund status this is what it said:

Has anyone ever gotten this message?

Does anyone know what this could mean or why he could of gotten this message? He did claim my 2 kids and our 1 kids together, so I'm thinking it could be something to do with that.

Thanks!

Take Action.

We have received your tax return and it is being reviewed. You will receive a notice from us requesting additional information within 30 calendar days. You may not receive all or part of your refund until we receive and review the information we requested. If you need more information after you receive our notice, call the number on the notice.

Please do not contact us until you have received the notice as we are unable to take any action until then.

Please read the following information related to your tax situation:
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hplesha
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Did you forget to send something??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommmy3x
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:35 AM

I don't think so. I mean we filed online with H & R block and all he had was 1 w-2 so I figured it would be simple.

Quoting hplesha:

hplesha
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:37 AM
If you get any papers in the mail, take them back to the preparer. If they messed up, it's their fault, not yours.

Quoting mommmy3x:

I don't think so. I mean we filed online with H & R block and all he had was 1 w-2 so I figured it would be simple.

Quoting hplesha:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bpryce
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:37 AM

This happened to me one year. I mailed my forms and had forgotten to sign one of the pages. They sent me a form to sign, I mailed it back and received my refund a few weeks later

mommmy3x
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Thanks ladies! From what I'm reading online it could be a number of different things. The answer I'm seeing most has to do with claiming the kids. This is the first year that he claimed them, so I think that is what it could be.

NookBoookMom
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:35 PM

yeah this year they are double checking everything and since this is the 1st year he is claiming them, it may have come up as a red flag, this year since we have the educational credit , and it will take us longer to get our refund back, 

abecee
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Is anyone else claiming your children?

offrdngal
by Terri on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:06 PM

If he doesn't have custody of the kids, he must file a certain form, signed by the custodial parent, stating that custodial parent is not claiming the children for this year.  I forget which number form it is.  Go to the IRS website, you can find the form there.  If this is the issue, I'm sure they will send you a copy of the form.

Quoting NookBoookMom:

yeah this year they are double checking everything and since this is the 1st year he is claiming them, it may have come up as a red flag, this year since we have the educational credit , and it will take us longer to get our refund back, 

MissTacoBell
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:11 PM
I thought the IRS washed its hands of which parent claims in what year?

Quoting offrdngal:

If he doesn't have custody of the kids, he must file a certain form, signed by the custodial parent, stating that custodial parent is not claiming the children for this year.  I forget which number form it is.  Go to the IRS website, you can find the form there.  If this is the issue, I'm sure they will send you a copy of the form.

Quoting NookBoookMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
offrdngal
by Terri on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:14 PM

No.  I never heard anything about it.  We just did our taxes, at H&R Block and the lady never said anything.

Quoting MissTacoBell:

I thought the IRS washed its hands of which parent claims in what year?

Quoting offrdngal:

Quoting NookBoookMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN