Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

REALLY NEED SOME HELP PLEASE

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:18 PM
  • 28 Replies

no bashing please...

I cannot have a good day with my kids. I would love to go speak with a professional, but I am scared. Does anyone know who I can talk to openly and honestly without the fear of my kids being taken away REAGARDLESS of what they "think" is happening.

I dont feel like my kids are in danger, but they are not having a good childhood and I feel like I am a horrible mother.

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittany208
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:23 PM

any licensed psychologist/counselor. They can't report you unless you are abusing or neglecting your children or a danger to yourself or others.

AuntFib
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:28 PM
2 moms liked this

You can always talk to us on here!  You DO run the risk of receiving some VERY STRONG opinions, but the responses are quite helpful for the most part.  And, you may even find a mother or two who have the same things going on in THEIR lives; making it easier to relate to someone.

So, what's up?

piwife
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Sometimes I have the same issues. My husband is a lot better with the kids. But my kids behave better for him :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twogirls1
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I somehow manage to get VERY frustrated everyday.  I am constantly getting pulled in a million directions at one time. My kids do not listen AT ALL.  I see other moms at playgroups or storytimes with younger kids that are minding.  They fight ALL the time.  I am trying to find a job and can't call anyone because my oldest DOES NOT STOP talking all day.  I try to play with them and they just look at me in disgust and say no. 

We do go places and do stuff together - crafts, painting, games, etc. But I feel they have NO respect for me at all.

They are 4 and 2.  I dont know if I am a control freak - I dont feel like I am --- or if I am doing something wrong. 

All the usual stuff doesn't work.  I dont care what anyone says - TIMEOUTS DO NOT WORK EVEN WHEN CONSISTENT.  I feel like I am going completely crazy.  I tell myself I want to quit (really dont)

I love my kids very much, but dont feel like they want me around or want to play with me.  My oldest doesn't even come to me for comfort - she gets her stuffed animal.  i try to hug or kiss and they push me away or wipe it off. 

I just want to enjoy them and give them a fulfilling childhood.  I feel very incompetent. 

Quoting AuntFib:

You can always talk to us on here!  You DO run the risk of receiving some VERY STRONG opinions, but the responses are quite helpful for the most part.  And, you may even find a mother or two who have the same things going on in THEIR lives; making it easier to relate to someone.

So, what's up?

twogirls1
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:48 PM

That is the problem...I dont thing i am abusing or neglecting my children.  Nor do I think I am a danger, however, if THEY think that...That is why I am scared to go talk to someone. 

Quoting brittany208:

any licensed psychologist/counselor. They can't report you unless you are abusing or neglecting your children or a danger to yourself or others.

AuntFib
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:52 PM

You don't mention it, but I'm assuming you're raising the girls by yourself??  That's a hard job in itself!  And you sound quite young yourself.  You have quite a big task to handle alone.  

Some kids are just more independent than others, as far as the affection goes.  Have you ever tried putting the girls in your lap together to read them bedtime stories?  Just a thought, a small little something to attempt. I know you said they fight all the time, but some kids settle down a bit for a good story when Mom makes different voices for the characters.  

I'm sure some of the other ladies will have additional tips and tricks to try with the little ones.  

brittany208
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Hopefully you aren't doing anything that anyone would consider abuse...

Quoting twogirls1:

That is the problem...I dont thing i am abusing or neglecting my children.  Nor do I think I am a danger, however, if THEY think that...That is why I am scared to go talk to someone. 

Quoting brittany208:

PEEK05
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:54 PM

They won't take your kids away unless you were an immediate danger to them.  Go get help mama!

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:07 PM

This !!  

Quoting AuntFib:

So, what's up?

MsRkg
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:09 PM
2 moms liked this
You have to show imminent and immediate threat to harm your children. Going to a therapist and telling that you feel you don't have control of your kids and you feel like a bad mom falls no where near into the realm of child abuse/neglect. They will not take your kids over that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN