Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

REALLY NEED SOME HELP PLEASE

Posted by   + Show Post

no bashing please...

I cannot have a good day with my kids. I would love to go speak with a professional, but I am scared. Does anyone know who I can talk to openly and honestly without the fear of my kids being taken away REAGARDLESS of what they "think" is happening.

I dont feel like my kids are in danger, but they are not having a good childhood and I feel like I am a horrible mother.

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Replies (21-28):
GELiz
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Go get a book called boundaries with kids. by Drs. Cloud and Townsend. It should help you.

twogirls1
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:29 PM

BUMP!

twogirls1
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:10 PM

BUMP!

sfank
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I'd try talking to one of the mentor moms at your MOPS group. The ones in our group are an amazing resouce. Also, it sounds like your handling things better than you think you are. Keep your head up momma!

JR007
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:19 AM

a therapist (lcsw)... i go there all the time for different reason, but all in all its based on psycological issue.. tht dosnt mean something is wrong with u or tht u r crazy, but u just need a lil help...for now...nothing wrong with tht

jestoviak
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:57 AM

No one is perfect all the time.  Can you go to McDonalds to to a place where there are a lot of parents and observe their behavior to emulate?  I'm sure there are free parenting books at the library.  If you want to post more details that would help get more answers. 

rayroe2
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:00 AM

You just need a break from your kids, a good weekend. I feel like I need that

Jenn820
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:26 AM
A liscense therapist, psychologist, or even a church pastor (assuming that you have a church near you that you would feel acceptable using) would be good. They would all offer you a good sounding board and reassurance. They won't take your kids or report anything unless they think you are truly causing harm to your children's nd they are in danger.
Your statement that you say you don't feel you are abusing or neglecting them but you're not sure someone else will concerns me. It's as though you feel like what you are doing is questionable, hence your fear. Please find someone, you are not out of options.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured