Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

potty training advice.

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:11 PM
  • 18 Replies

When is to early to start potty training? I have a 14 month old son who seems interested in the potty. I babysit and a few of the children use the potty. He will go and put the potty chair on the toilet and then want to sit on it. He as peeped in the toilet a few times now. If i ask him if he wants to try and go potty he walks to the bathroom and puts the chair on.  I know potty training can be very stressful and i want to make it as easy as i can for him. Should i start really trying potty training?

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ToolArmy066
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:12 PM
He sounds ready! Give it a try, it won't hurt. Good luck!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
January1964
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Take his lead. If he loses interest, don't push it. You can either spend a year or more on potty training (now) or just a few weeks when he is older. My dd trained at 3 1/2. Some say that is late. She was pee trained at 2 1/2 but the poop part was more difficult (bribes can work wonders). My dd's training really picked up when I relaxed and let her take the lead.

lkadash
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:38 PM

thanks guys! i think will start and see how it goes!

marisab
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:29 AM

thats a start of rediness so u can buy him a potty and started to get him use dto the idea but does he pull his pants doen and no qay body parts?

edieda
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:13 AM

It does sound like he's ready, I would say let him try it and see how it works, and be patient, because there could be times when he might revert to not wanting to use the potty.

tlcory
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I truly believe if the child is showing interest at that age go for it!  

kali_mom
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:19 AM
It sounds like he is ready for this new chapter of his life. Keep in mind you MUST stay consistent , children crave for it. Don't get discouraged and make sure you are ready to take him as often as he needs. I say go for it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nicoleg806
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:56 AM

He def sounds like he is ready to try. Another thing I would try is undies. Its a diff feel and they don't like getting wet in those.

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:17 PM

My 16 month old has peed on the potty a few times.

Pukalani79
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:24 PM

If he's interested, there's no harm in following his lead.  He is young though, so don't push it.  Potty training is the one thing kids have absolute control over and the more we push and stress, the more they resist. Take it slow, and see what happens.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)