Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trust yourself

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:25 AM
  • 2 Replies
1 mom liked this
Do what you think is right. There is not only one way to get your child to sleep and every child and family is different. Some children are ok to sleep on their own and in their own beds right away and for others it is a process. I am speaking from personal experience. My son was never a good sleeper and at first I tried everything I thought I was "supposed" to do to put my child to sleep. The result was that everyone was miserable and no one slept. We did a variety of creative things that seem unconventional but they worked for us in the end. (My son started out sleeping with us but is now in his own bed - he's 3). It is still a work-in-progress but now I don't sweat it! Try different things and if they don't work try something else. Don't be afraid to trust your Mama instincts. If you think your baby girl needs you right now, she does. But this will change as she grows and changes.
Do what is right for you and your family and take care of yourself. I hope you can find something that works and that you both get some sleep!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:27 AM

good

MMerrill
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I was one of those people who said they would never let their child sleep in their bed...my son sleeps in his pack n play in our room half the time and the other half he is in our bed because sometimes he just will not sleep in his own bed.  I'm trying not to make a habit of it, but we'll see how it works out.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)