Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

He never sits still, and it gets worse the older he gets.

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:46 PM
  • 8 Replies

He is scheduled for his physical in a month so at that appointment I will be talking to the pedicatrician about my concerns.
Just thought I would ask this group for any ideas of what it might be or if you know of anything that could help him still still. 
His teacher says he does the same thing in class, he is always moving around and fidgeting with stuff.

Thank you

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:48 PM
How old is he?
Any other concerns? How is he doing in school otherwise? How is his behavior?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
abecee
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:51 PM

He is 8. He's active during the day both inside and out.  He eats healthy, has very limited snacks and sweets, is in the middle of his class academically, he has friends.  No other issues.  He just seems to be getting more and more antsy more and more often.

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Personally as long as it's not causing problems I wouldn't worry. He sounds like an energetic kid is all. My niece has adhd and she has a really hard time focusing on anything for any length of time so her schoolwork suffers.
abecee
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Thanks jasonsMom.

MJP76
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Our youngest DS used to bounce off the walls and ceiling... On a regular.. One of my fear when we put him in school was that he wouldn't be able to sit still. Our very first P/T conference I was floored when she told me he was the perfect student!

i questioned her thoroughly.... She was like, "no, he's fine" my jaw literally dropped! As he's gotten older, he still have a very vivid imagination, and is still VERY active.. But it doesn't interfere with his ability to behave and listen...

i know what I have said didn't really give advice, I just thought I'd share my story. :)

GremlinMom
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:55 PM
I had to triple check if my mom wrote this. He's 8! The only problem is that the teacher doesn't know how/want to deal with it. The fact that your boy is active and stuck sitting still in a classroom for hours upon hours is the problem, not him. He's normal.
emarin77
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:31 PM

It depends on how long he has been having this problem in school.  Does he have this problem at home?  These are the kind of questions his doctor will be asking.

hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Just don't let them punish by taking away recesss.... Many teacher's do that and it's idiotic if the child is overly energetic. I had so many conferences and emails and phone calls over that stupid crap!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)