Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I really miss my husband , his job is making me batty!

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:09 PM
  • 37 Replies

He is a public defender. 

I am thankful for his income - his hard work ethic - financial support and stability his job gives us BUT I SO CANNOT WAIT UNTIL HE RESIGHNS MAY 1ST!!!!!!!!   He probably worked 65 hours or more this week . Makes me feel like a single mom when I have to do all the home stuff on top of working all day. 

He also has a very stressful career right now and so even when he isn't at work , he is thinking about it , so he is not really here either. 

May 1st cant come soon enough!  Sorry , I just miss him because I feel like he isn't available emotionally or physically to us right now and I want to cry and pout!   

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JeremysMom
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I know the feeling. My husband works 84 hours one week and even though he has the next week off, he is often called in to work overtime or he is so tired that he sleeps though the week. What will your husband be doing after May 1st? 

missamanda86
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I feel you!! February cant get here fast enough so I can see mine again...next February, that is :(

BabyBearsMom608
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:23 PM

it does suck and then I just sound ungrateful if I complain ......   

he will open his own practice in may and keep our kids part-time for this summer while his practice is getting underway . Im excited for him and the kids to have that time , they need it!

Quoting JeremysMom:

I know the feeling. My husband works 84 hours one week and even though he has the next week off, he is often called in to work overtime or he is so tired that he sleeps though the week. What will your husband be doing after May 1st? 

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Yeah, been there, too, and done that.  I just had to accept that it was the way my life was.

BabyBearsMom608
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:24 PM

military ? I wouldn't want to be in your shoes! Thanks for your sacrifice ! 

Quoting missamanda86:

I feel you!! February cant get here fast enough so I can see mine again...next February, that is :(

missamanda86
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah...the upside to that is once he gets back, we can move away from WA to KS where the sun comes out regularly loL!

Quoting BabyBearsMom608:

military ? I wouldn't want to be in your shoes! Thanks for your sacrifice ! 

Quoting missamanda86:

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Wow, been married 28 years and my dh works 60+ hours every week and always has. Works 7 to 7 and comes home and then has calls with China or India at 9 or 10 at least once a week. I would love it if dh only worked 60 hours. Dh works from home every weekend also. Just part of the job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JeremysMom
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

That is exciting. Hurry up May 1st! I have learned a long time ago to not vent to my husband about it but it's good to let out the steam with a friend (or on cafemom). 

Quoting BabyBearsMom608:

it does suck and then I just sound ungrateful if I complain ......   

he will open his own practice in may and keep our kids part-time for this summer while his practice is getting underway . Im excited for him and the kids to have that time , they need it!

Quoting JeremysMom:

annhart19
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:27 PM
I know how u feel. My husband has been away more than home in the past 2 1/2 months. He will be back on the 20th and it can't get here fast enough!! Hopefully this will be the last time he has to go!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justinnaimee
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:30 PM
My husband works out of town at least 2 weeks every month. I wish he only worked 60 hours per week.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)