Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Mothers against other people minding their business

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:21 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this
It seems to me that so much of the time everyone is judging everyone else, and that is not the way life should be. It annoys me to pieces. When we first adopted our beautiful daughter from China and came back, I had an older woman come up to me while I had her in the supermarket, and say "Couldn't you have adopted one of your own"? I wanted to scream, and I didn't I just left the store and went back later. People have no right to judge what any other mom, dad, child, pet does. I certainly wasn't given a guidebook on how to raise my child, and everyday is a new challenge. Ladies do the best you can and be who you are, and always let your children express themselves.
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Yeah that is rude of a person to say to anyone let alone a new mother.  She doesnt know the circumstances behind your story.  I find international adoptions intriguing.

coupon_ash_back
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Omg! She is human, therefore she is one of your own.
MMerrill
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:03 PM

It's not like you adopted a flippin wild animal or something!  I bet that llittle girl is beautiful, I would love to adopt from China :)

People like that are what's wrong with this world though...ugh seriously!

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

lovegrandbaby
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:08 PM

They are very judgmental and it drives me crazy too.  They especially judge when they can't see an actual physical illness/disability.  My grandchildren (most) have different forms of autism.  If they have a melt down in the store, people blame the "parenting" instead of minding their own business because they assume. 

Malley
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:42 PM
My son has a rare disorder that causes meltdowns too. I have an awareness card for him that I can show people who feel the need to get involved. I think there are awareness cards for autism too.

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

They are very judgmental and it drives me crazy too.  They especially judge when they can't see an actual physical illness/disability.  My grandchildren (most) have different forms of autism.  If they have a melt down in the store, people blame the "parenting" instead of minding their own business because they assume. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovegrandbaby
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:46 PM

where do u find the awareness cards?  That would be great

Quoting Malley:

My son has a rare disorder that causes meltdowns too. I have an awareness card for him that I can show people who feel the need to get involved. I think there are awareness cards for autism too.

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

Malley
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:59 PM
I'm not sure for autism. My son's is from the organization he is registered with. Let me try to google for you.

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

Quoting Malley:

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Malley
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Okay, I found autismgear.com. It has awareness cards plus ones for grandparents to hand out.

Quoting Malley:

I'm not sure for autism. My son's is from the organization he is registered with. Let me try to google for you.

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

Quoting Malley:

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:36 AM

wow! how rude! some people need filters on their mouths!

nermall1102
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Congrats on your baby Momma! Its like once we have children ( either on our own, adoption etc) the annoying, rude, people come out of the woodwork. I adopyed ten children. Five r cousins, one sister and four that were brought to me bc they needed an emergancy forever home. Youngest 19 and oldest are 24. And two grandbabies. I have a seven yr old i had myself and one on the way when im out with my two grandbabies ppl say crap all the time oldest is four and has autism i handed out the awareness card and had it thrown back at me. My dd who is seven and said we will pray for u tonight that god puts compassion in ur heart for others. That shut the old bat up lol. Theres a saying it takes a village to raise a child. I think its that the village likes to butt in lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)