Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hope someone helps on this one :-S

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:31 PM
  • 10 Replies
Hi I'm new to this. Looking for some support from a mom. Lol here we go! ..... I'm 18 living at home. I'm a part time student and have a part time job.

I've came across enough money for first months rent and deposit for my own place. Enough for furniture and household items ( I won't have to worry about that)

I'm confident that I'll do good. I have no support at home. I'm a great mother . I feel I'm doing the right thing. I'm able to cover rent with my part time job and still have money left over.

Is it ok to rely on food stamps? Is this normal???
I wonder "how will I do"

What's your opinion :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jupiter5
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:41 PM
3 moms liked this
Of course it's ok that's why they are there don't let these assholes tell you otherwise just finish school get a good job and pay your taxes it's the circle of life lol or at least the economy
sabrtooth1
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:43 PM
3 moms liked this
My opinion is if you need to rely in good stamps, you are NOT able to do ok on your own. Save your money. Get your education. Get a decent job. Thank your mother for putting a roof over your head. Grow up.
Mommynwife26
by Brianna on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jupiter5:

Of course it's ok that's why they are there don't let these assholes tell you otherwise just finish school get a good job and pay your taxes it's the circle of life lol or at least the economy
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I would make sure you have a couple of months rent saved up. will You need daycare money ? Will you have to pay heat ?hot water? car payment ? gas ?

Cafemommy05
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Thank you Soo much for replying I appreciate it

Your absolutely right! If I need to rely on food stamps I am not ready to be on my own.

In my case I'm doing the best I can at work and school. I truly believe I need the help and that's what its there for.
It will only be temporary until I finish my degree and can get a higher salary to be self sufficient
Besides in my household we have never received food stamps

I thank my mother everyday although she isn't a great support system
Thanks !!! What's your opinion...

Quoting sabrtooth1:

My opinion is if you need to rely in good stamps, you are NOT able to do ok on your own. Save your money. Get your education. Get a decent job. Thank your mother for putting a roof over your head. Grow up.

Cafemommy05
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Thanks that was nice of you. Good feedback ! How are you doing

Quoting jupiter5:

Cafemommy05
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Thanks for reminding me

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I would make sure you have a couple of months rent saved up. will You need daycare money ? Will you have to pay heat ?hot water? car payment ? gas ?

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Quoting Cafemommy05:

Thanks for reminding me

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

HUH ????

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

Marimaru
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:39 PM

When you go to apply for an apartment, they usually want your monthly income to be 2 or even 3 times the rent.  You may have some trouble based on that.

strangeyfine
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:24 AM

I just wanted to say that you are one of the most (if not the most) polite poster I've seen on CM. Very refreshing!!! Gl with your endeavor!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)