Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

How do I get rid of burnt oven smell?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:49 PM
  • 13 Replies

AKA Boyfriend put cardboard in the oven...

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

A good baking soda scrub down in the oven by the  person who did not think things through.  For the household air though it will take time to dissipate and light a candle.

marisab
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:30 AM

why?

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Baking soda, air out the house too 

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I'd bake cookies. :)  it would put cookie fragrance in the oven and in the house. :)

edieda
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:07 AM

A good airing out will help, also some have suggested Baking soda Let me also ask, is the oven completely burned or is it still usuable? Because if the oven is completely burned, you may need to replace it and even though the baking soda and airing out your home will help, if the oven is destroyed, you will have to get rid of it and that in itself will go a long ways towards your home smelling good again . Like  another poster asked Why ? I am also asking the same question .

emilyelephant
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I didn't know if there was a way to get rid of it quicker than just airing out.  The oven itself isn't burned.  I'm not sure what you're referring to when you ask "why?"

Quoting edieda:

A good airing out will help, also some have suggested Baking soda Let me also ask, is the oven completely burned or is it still usuable? Because if the oven is completely burned, you may need to replace it and even though the baking soda and airing out your home will help, if the oven is destroyed, you will have to get rid of it and that in itself will go a long ways towards your home smelling good again . Like  another poster asked Why ? I am also asking the same question .

AuntyEm774
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Scrub it out with lemon juice and baking soda, then set a bowl of baking soda on the counter to help absorb the odor.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kali_mom
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:29 AM
I think the earlier posts were asking 'why' does your oven have a burnt smell and didn't see that you wrote boyfriend put cardboard in oven.

Aside from airing out entire house, cleaning oven with a Pumie stone ( I get mine from Winco) and baking cookies or potpourri you will just have to wait it out. Sorry
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Bump!

frstldyhmsch
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Boil 4 parts vinegar, 2 parts water in saucepan for 30-45min....will kill bad smells & won't leave your house smelling like vinegar

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN