Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms
Is getting a c-section easier than a natural birth..
I'm getting really nervous about what's going to happen the day I give birth.

What's he worst part about natural birth
And what's the worst part about c-sections
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Replies (61-70):
babiigyalraya93
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:04 PM
I wasn't necessarily trying to find info on how I avoid c-sections I just wanted to hear what people thought was easier for them and what experiences they had for either a vag birth or the c-sec

Quoting jackiewal10:

Oh.  See.  Reading your OP, one would never know that.  You don't say that you are looking for info on how to avoid one.  THAT question may have gotten you more informed answers.  Not just opinions.

Quoting babiigyalraya93:

Wait! Lol! I'm NOT trying to chose to get a c-section I just wanted to hear people's opinions on c-section vs natural births .. I want a all natural pool birth

Quoting jackiewal10:

Have you talked to your doctor about this??  Because I have NEVER heard of a doctor agreeing to just CHOOSE a c-section over a vaginal birth without there being a medical reason to do so.  Sorry to tell you, but you likely don't have a choice there.

Mama2JoshKatie
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Easier as far as the fact that you just lay there numb from the waist down during the birth, but harder recovery on your body as it is major surgery. I've had two c-sections and normal recoveries. I think my recovery was harder compared to my friends who had vaginal births, but the hard part for them was the birth itself.

babiigyalraya93
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:08 PM
My mom said the same thing :)

Quoting alimorgan:

I know the whole thing is scary but coming from millions of mom's we have all made it some, one way, some, the other.. no matter what, you get a miracle at the end , when that happens no matter how it went you just won't care  

Momof3smoochies
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:10 PM
I had a csection with all three of my kids. It wasn't bas at all! Your just a bit sore. But everyone is different.
mrs.pina
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I had both my babies via c- section and the first one was ok i was in the hospital for aweek . Now my second one was a piece of cake after the meds wore off i was up and walking in less than 2 hours . I swear to you i was the talk of the baby floor :) . I was out in 2 days and was doing everything in less than a week, Everybody is different . Btw Good Luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama2JoshKatie
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I had two c-sections and never missed out on any bonding with my babies.

Quoting DlovesM:

Having a scheduled c section and skipping labor all together means missing out on the labor pain, but you loose some bonding and you definitely get your share of pain for the next 4-8 days. I would much rather have labor pains for a day then being barely able to move for the next week when I got a baby to take care of. I was in labor for 30 hours before I had a C section and this time I couldn't find a doctor to let me do a vbac so I'll be going in for a scheduled in 6 weeks =[

joyfullem
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I have had a c-section and 2 VBAC's! I would say 100 percent no.  The c-section made me hurt and it made me sad, it made breast-feeding really hard, it took bonding time away from me and baby while I sat it the recovery room, it was painful and scary.  Both VBAC's have been amazing not nessecarily easy but less frightening more bonding time easier time breastfeeding, less pain (yes less pain) during and after and with natural birth youhave the same pain killing options as with a C-section for the most part... you just cant be asleep.  Do a lot of research about the risks of one vs. the other

joyfullem
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:13 PM

have you had a natural birth to compare that to?  I have had both and with the c-section you lose out on a minimum of an  hour while you are in recovery and baby cannot be there with you. Sometimes more where as with vaginal you do not have to let baby out of your sight unless there is a life threatening problem

Quoting Mama2JoshKatie:

I had two c-sections and never missed out on any bonding with my babies.

Quoting DlovesM:

Having a scheduled c section and skipping labor all together means missing out on the labor pain, but you loose some bonding and you definitely get your share of pain for the next 4-8 days. I would much rather have labor pains for a day then being barely able to move for the next week when I got a baby to take care of. I was in labor for 30 hours before I had a C section and this time I couldn't find a doctor to let me do a vbac so I'll be going in for a scheduled in 6 weeks =[

babiigyalraya93
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Yup ! It's all a huge scam to get that extra bucks

Quoting kirahush:

Fact: Doctor's get paid more for c-sections. It's major surgery with all the drugs, beeping machines, anesthesiologist, nurses and tools. Versus just aiding a woman do what her body was naturally meant to do.

Just keep that in mind...BTW, I had a c-section (not by choice) and like almost every other c-mom on here, I would go Vag anyday over it! It's actually so much more painful and the helplessness on top of it all, ugh, go VAG!

lynettemommie4
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Ive had two natural and two csections. The csections were not by choice. The first one I had was an emergency literally took them minutes to get me prepped and into surgery room. I had a ton of people in the room and or. His heartbeat kept dropping and wouldn't stay up. I was sedated and sleeping when he was born. My husband wasnt even able to be in the room. He was stuck down the hall just waiting and wondering what was going on. I finally woke up later asking about him. found out his face was cut right by his eye. He has a scare to this day. hes 8 now. recovery was painful. I was in bed for probably four weeks. THe only thing I could do was take care of the baby and myself. Hubby had to do everything in the house and work fulltime. Second one was secheduled and recovery was way different. I was in very little pain and was up and feeling fine within days. I even went christmas shopping that weekend. I couldnt' have a vbac which i wanted but no doctor would do it because i have a thin uterine wall which is why they cut my son.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN