Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms
Is getting a c-section easier than a natural birth..
I'm getting really nervous about what's going to happen the day I give birth.

What's he worst part about natural birth
And what's the worst part about c-sections
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Replies (91-100):
lynettemommie4
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:03 PM

It was an accident and they doctor felt really bad about it. The nurse told me that when i went for my followup.

Quoting babiigyalraya93:

if i was you i would sue those doctors for cuttin the babies' face !

Quoting lynettemommie4:

Ive had two natural and two csections. The csections were not by choice. The first one I had was an emergency literally took them minutes to get me prepped and into surgery room. I had a ton of people in the room and or. His heartbeat kept dropping and wouldn't stay up. I was sedated and sleeping when he was born. My husband wasnt even able to be in the room. He was stuck down the hall just waiting and wondering what was going on. I finally woke up later asking about him. found out his face was cut right by his eye. He has a scare to this day. hes 8 now. recovery was painful. I was in bed for probably four weeks. THe only thing I could do was take care of the baby and myself. Hubby had to do everything in the house and work fulltime. Second one was secheduled and recovery was way different. I was in very little pain and was up and feeling fine within days. I even went christmas shopping that weekend. I couldnt' have a vbac which i wanted but no doctor would do it because i have a thin uterine wall which is why they cut my son.

DeeDee205
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I don't know if it was just me or the hospital (doctors & nurses), but I had 2 c-sections with VERY minimal pain.  I got to see and kiss my baby after she was cleaned up, then my husband stayed with her till I went to recovery.  Baby was with me the entire time in recovery.  Baby stayed in my room the whole hosp stay and I had nurses checking in OFTEN.  It took a while till I could stand up, about 3-4 hours.  I had glue on my incisions.  My 2nd baby was born c-section Fri 7:30am and I went home Sunday at noon.  I was walking up & down our stairs the day I was home.  If you end up w/ c-section, don't let it scare you because everyones experience is different. 

rstuart66
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I tried natural birth but our blood pressures were going up and I had to c-section.  I also did epidural so I was pretty much numb or asleep through most of the action.  It took a bit of time to recover from the c-sec but was not bad at all.  

Four years later and I can barely see the c-sec scar and I have a super daughter!

singlemama0905
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:52 PM
I had a csection after 36 hours of labor. I hated it. There was a lot I felt like I couldn't do at first because of lifting restrictions. I didn't change his first diapers cuz I had a really hard time with recovery - the epidural ended up making my bp bottom out and I was in and out of consciousness and kept throwing up, spent over 4 hours in recovery..once they realized it was the epidural causing it they took it out and started me on a morphine drip. I remember NOTHING about the day or so. Tons of pictures of me holding him but I don't remember it at all. Couldn't get up easy to be able to change him or do much at first, couldn't room in with him because of that since I didn't have anyone to stay with me at night. Couldn't pick him up in the carseat...nothing heavier than him for the first 2 weeks. Chances are high I'll need another csection but when the time comes I refuse to go straight to having one, I want to do everything in my power to have a natural delivery..the first 34 hours without the epidural were the best.
piwife
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:01 PM
3 vaginal births here recovery time none. I would never ever ever have a csection unless it was a life or death situation. Why would I risk having major surgery and long recovery time when I can just push my baby out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abersmom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

i had an emergency c-section but did go thru 8 hours of labor. the pain from contractions was nothing compared to the pain of the c-section.  just keep in mind that either way u have ur baby he or she will be safe and healthy. good luck momma

Bieg9093
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

They both suck ass.  And then it's over.  Good luck!

babiigyalraya93
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:46 AM

ooh i understandd

Quoting lynettemommie4:

It was an accident and they doctor felt really bad about it. The nurse told me that when i went for my followup.

Quoting babiigyalraya93:

if i was you i would sue those doctors for cuttin the babies' face !

Quoting lynettemommie4:

Ive had two natural and two csections. The csections were not by choice. The first one I had was an emergency literally took them minutes to get me prepped and into surgery room. I had a ton of people in the room and or. His heartbeat kept dropping and wouldn't stay up. I was sedated and sleeping when he was born. My husband wasnt even able to be in the room. He was stuck down the hall just waiting and wondering what was going on. I finally woke up later asking about him. found out his face was cut right by his eye. He has a scare to this day. hes 8 now. recovery was painful. I was in bed for probably four weeks. THe only thing I could do was take care of the baby and myself. Hubby had to do everything in the house and work fulltime. Second one was secheduled and recovery was way different. I was in very little pain and was up and feeling fine within days. I even went christmas shopping that weekend. I couldnt' have a vbac which i wanted but no doctor would do it because i have a thin uterine wall which is why they cut my son.

Supermommyof423
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:58 PM
I gave birth naturally twice, but i also had an epideral both of those times as well. I wouldn't do it any other way.
hopeym23
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:05 PM

I've had 3 sections.  I do not recommend them.

Are you on the Weight Watchers program? This is a group for support through your weight loss journey. No judging or drama here!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/118404

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN