Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I need major advice

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:23 AM
  • 37 Replies

I met a guy a few months ago and everything was going well.We would talk on the phone for hours,see each other and just spend so much time with each other.I could say there were feelings there for the both of us.We both decided to start everything slow because I am a single mother of two and he needs to focus on what he needs to do for himself. Just recently I call him,leave him a voicemail and not hear from him for almost 2 weeks. I know he has been busy working,but in his non busy days,he can still call or text me. I finally talked to him yesterday and he just sounded like he didnt want to talk to me or even hear my voice. I told him how I felt like we were sperating and that I needed to know what he wanted to do and how he felt. He told me he was tired and didnt want to talk about it. Right now I am feeling hurt,angry and still confused . i want to be upset because I still have feeling for him and dont want to loose a great guy.I want to be mad because everytime I call he knows im calling and sends me straight to voicemail. I call him just to see how he is,but where is my call or text message to see how I am? I honestly want to move on,but I still have feelings for him. What do I do? Help please.

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:32 AM

I think he is moving on which is easier for a single guy than a single mother.  Depending on your definition of a few months it isnt very long to get exclusively involved with each other.  I would have him come over and lay everything on the table so you know if you two are even in the same mind frame anymore.

opal10161973
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:39 AM
7 moms liked this

Leave him alone.  If he wants to continue the relationship, he will call.  If he doesn't call, then it's over.  Honestly, I think you already know it's over. 

StacyO722
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:40 AM

It seems like he has moved on. If he is ignoring your calls and texts, take it as a sign. Like the book says "He's just not that into you" Sorry Mama :) I know it's hard when things are left without closure, but sometimes you just have to accept it and move on as well.

kelly32
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:59 AM
2 moms liked this

Stop wasting your time, obviously he's not interested anymore for whatever reason. Its rude of him to not call your for 2 wks. If i was you i would've stopped right then and there. Put your feelings aside and move on for yourself and your children. If this guy was so good he would've treated you with more respect than he did. His loss.

CeceliaRosella
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:02 AM
He's not a great guy if he doesn't answer your calls, ignores you, doesn't want to talk and never calls. Don't make excuses for him. Move on and find a good guy who respects you and returns the interest.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shygrl3cccm
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:03 AM
The more you look for him the more you will push him away and irritate him. You need to move on I'm so sorry his breaking your heart :(

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SpiritedMom2
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:16 AM

What an ass! Sorry hun, you need to move on. For yourself and for your kids. It may not feel like that right now - but there are many men out there who can love and respect you for what you are and treat you like the very special person that you are. Raising your 2 kids on your own is very tough and youre doing very well - that itself deserves respect! Dont waste precious time on this guy - even if he comes back after 2 months (probably when that other girl he's seeing doesnt work out) - just show him the door - politely. You deserve someone tons better than him and he will never make you happy - I know this sort!

DaniandTom
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:25 AM
2 moms liked this

Move on. First of all, it sounds obvious to me that he just isn't interested in continuing the relationship any longer. Secondly, do you really want to get involved with someone who refuses to talk to you when there are problems? Who is so inconsiderate about your feelings that he blows you off instead of either calming your fears or telling you straight out that it isn't working for him? You deserve better than that! Don't allow people to treat you like you don't matter or they will do exactly that! Demand respect and consideration and you will get it. He ISN'T a great guy if he would treat you disrespectfully like that! Go find yourself someone who is!

MJP76
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Sounds like he found someone else... Move on.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Stop calling him and give him his space. He might be feeling pressured.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)