Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

round ligament pain

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:55 PM
  • 5 Replies
I'm 13 weeks and my back started to hurt and also my sides. So I called my Dr. And he said it was round ligament pain. And its very normal. But its more normal in 18 to 20 weeks pregnant. And I'm 13 weeks but it is still normal. Did you ever have this, and how did go. Did you have the baby early?did it go a way? I want to have a vbac.
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:09 PM

It happens earlier each time.   Everything does.   My babies came early, but unrelated to this.

strangeyfine
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:09 AM

Round ligament doesn't cause premature birth so don't worry about that, and it also starts earlier with subsequent pregnancies-lucky you, right? I would suggest that when you feel the pain to change position (get up and walk, sit down, switch sides, whatever) or try taking a warm bath. Good luck!

amybamers
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I had round ligament pain early! I think it was around 10 weeks til...a long time haha just every so often. It's totally normal and shouldn't effect when your baby is born. My girl was born at 39weeks exactly.

amybamers
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Water also helped me as well as changing positions.

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I had RL pain all the way through my pregnancy starting at 12 weeks. My daughter was born term and healthy. I did have preterm labor at 31 weeks, but they were able to stop it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)