Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Is it wrong?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:33 PM
  • 56 Replies

That I am considering joining the army after having my baby, and leaving her home with her father to watch her while I am away?

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this

nope if you ands your husband agree its the best thing for you family then go for it. Good luck.

The_Doodle
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Is this your first? It may be harder than you think to do that. I don't think it's wrong...it's not like you're chucking her in an alley...but I could never do it.

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Agreed

Quoting The_Doodle:

Is this your first? It may be harder than you think to do that. I don't think it's wrong...it's not like you're chucking her in an alley...but I could never do it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:37 PM

I don't think that is ideal, in general.
Why do you want to?
Is there something else you might do that could satiate your desires?     Or maybe hold off till baby is bigger?

kann16
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Neither the father or I have a good job, and either of us don't have any more education than high school. Going to school takes time, you are not guaranteed a job. School wasn't always for me anyway. It is something that I always was interested in. He supports me 100% and he wouldn't mind keeping the baby. We kinda talked about it already.

Quoting doulala:

I don't think that is ideal, in general.
Why do you want to?
Is there something else you might do that could satiate your desires?     Or maybe hold off till baby is bigger?

-Kara Ann

doulala
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Will you be able to do it from home or would you pump milk/use donor?

Quoting kann16:

Neither the father or I have a good job, and either of us don't have any more education than high school. Going to school takes time, you are not guaranteed a job. School wasn't always for me anyway. It is something that I always was interested in. He supports me 100% and he wouldn't mind keeping the baby. We kinda talked about it already.

Quoting doulala:
kann16
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Quoting doulala:

Quoting kann16:

Quoting doulala:

I haven't put much thought into anything like that, I am not ever sure because I don't have a lot of information. They can't really give me anything since I am pregnant. I have to be cleared medically before anything.

-Kara Ann

luvemboth
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
If you're considering it to better all your lives down the road, it's not wrong at all. Very hard- yes, wrong- no. There are def a lot of benefits to enlisting. GL with your decision!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I mean will you be home to help with your baby or do you mean you will have to be away (and if so, how would you feed your baby)?
What you, the mother, can offer your baby is different than what anyone else could.    Whether the trade-off for the risks is worth it is a lot to investigate and research.

Quoting kann16:

Quoting doulala:

Quoting kann16:

Quoting doulala:

I haven't put much thought into anything like that, I am not ever sure because I don't have a lot of information. They can't really give me anything since I am pregnant. I have to be cleared medically before anything.

Mail Myself to You
elzmnsf
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:06 PM
My dh joined the navy soon after the birth of our first and even he found the seperation incredibly difficult . But he powered through. I don't think I could have done it. And of course you can't do it from home, nor pump , because you have to go to boot camp. And where they send you is where you go after that. And unless the dad is your spouse they won't move him to be near you. There are so many things to consider and they must all be thought of carefully before you make a decision. Can dad join up?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)