Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

How do you work full time AND have time for your kid?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:58 PM
  • 46 Replies

I've been a SAHM for 2 years now.  So scared to go back to work.  How do you find the time to be with your child, and do those other things, like make dinner, sleep?  I'm asking for an itemized timed routine.  I'd like to get a good picture of how life with me working can be possible and positve.  help please

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
raegan1221
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:00 PM
I'm working on a routine. I'm a single Mom..work 830-530. We have our special time together in the evenings..play games or whatever. I value the time I have with him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:01 PM

It isn't very hard, I just schedule it to make sure I get everything in. I work from 8am to noon, then I go to my second job for a couple hours a couple days a week, and my classes aren't until night, so I have from either from 12-6 or 3-9 everday with my kids, plus sundays. My husband works full time and got a 5:30am-3pm shift so he's home when the older kids are out of school and we all have the rest of the day together.

ballerossandra
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:04 PM

I leave home at 7 with him, take him to daycare and I pick him up at 3.30. At that time, we play a little, dinner, play again or go to indoor playgrounds, reading time, art time, bilingual time and then bath and bed time.

i love weekends as we have more time togethertogether

hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this
You just "do".... It's like a switch. Change clothes after work and it melts away and the focus is your family. I can't explain it better than that . You just do , you go from an employee to mom with a change of clothes....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Quoting hollydaze1974:

You just "do".... It's like a switch. Change clothes after work and it melts away and the focus is your family. I can't explain it better than that . You just do , you go from an employee to mom with a change of clothes....

MsRkg
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:39 PM
I got to a point in my career where I could literally do what I wanted when I wanted in regards to working, by the time i found out i was pregnant. So i can work from the actual office or my home office. I can work for 1 hour a day or 15 hours a day. Literally whatever i want , work emergencies aside. If that wasn't the case though, time management would be key to being a successful working person and mother.
unspecified42
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:42 PM
My son is in school, I work nights (3 a week, 7p-7a. Im a nurse). The only time is miss with him is about two hours before bed on the nights I work. I am home in time to have breakfast with him, then I sleep while he's in school and wake up when he gets off the bus. I work every third weekend so he spends that with his grandparents and I'm there on the morning and afternoon/evening until I go to work. He spends the nights with them, too, when I work (I'm single). Often I can cluster shifts and get 4 or 5 days off in a row, which is a nice break.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BigMama925
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Yupppp.. :-)

Quoting hollydaze1974:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terpmama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I batch cook on the weekend ( kids help) so freezer meals and crock pot stuff

mrsary
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:05 AM
It sucks... we wake up at 430, leave home at 515, I work from 600-530p, pick them up from their daycares, get home about 6p, take the food out the crockpot (if I have to cook then we get to bed too late), bathe them, then if we are lucky we are in bed no later than 730p. I am a single parent in the Army though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN