Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this an insult? - help some replies please

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:36 AM
  • 149 Replies

Hi - i'm new and have joined because I need some objective advice.  A friend told me that I was looking more and more like my mother.  Does she mean to be insuting? She knows my mother is 30 years older than me. I am trying to assess whether she is a frenemy.

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sabrtooth1
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:31 AM
7 moms liked this
Silly.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
abecee
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:41 AM
9 moms liked this

I look more and more like my mother everyday.  My mother is in no way a physically attractive woman. We are what we are.  I think you are over reacting.

offrdngal
by Terri on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this

It isn't a big deal.  You've got her genes, so naturally you will look like her. 

sparklelight06
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I am trying to assess whether this person is a "frenemy".  I leave every encounter with her feeling somehow like she is trying to insult me without actually being directly insulting.  Its like boxing at shadows.  

Amberleigh81
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:26 AM
5 moms liked this
It depends on the context.

I love and admire my mom, so I would take that as a compliment. It will never happen, since I am a clone of my father ... who fortunately I also love and admire! :)

OliviaW.
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:28 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Amberleigh81:

It depends on the context.

I love and admire my mom, so I would take that as a compliment. It will never happen, since I am a clone of my father ... who fortunately I also love and admire! :)

I have to agree with this. 

offrdngal
by Terri on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:29 AM
11 moms liked this

If this is the feeling/vibe you get from this person, avoid contact with them whenever possible.

Quoting sparklelight06:

I am trying to assess whether this person is a "frenemy".  I leave every encounter with her feeling somehow like she is trying to insult me without actually being directly insulting.  Its like boxing at shadows.  

Moe1521
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:30 AM
7 moms liked this
Are you serious?!! I am told I could pass for my moms twin, and she is 23 years older than me. It's only an insult if you take it that way (as in if you think your mom is ugly or whatever).
aimesnyc
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

It depends.  My mom is beautiful and does not look like she is in her 50s with 5 grown children.  So personally, I take it as a compliment when people tell me I look like my mom.

angelachristine
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:35 AM
9 moms liked this

You sound super paranoid. Saying you look like someone who is older is not an insult. My daughter is 9 and looks like me. If someone says she looks like me they are in no way saying she looks 30 +. 

It's Cassandra Cat! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured