Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this an insult? - help some replies please

Hi - i'm new and have joined because I need some objective advice.  A friend told me that I was looking more and more like my mother.  Does she mean to be insuting? She knows my mother is 30 years older than me. I am trying to assess whether she is a frenemy.

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:36 AM
Replies (141-149):
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:02 PM

hmmm.. Not sure. Does your mom look like she is the age she is?

My mom still looked like she was in her early to mid 30's when she died at 46.

I look a lot like my mother as well in the face area. I look like I'm anywhere from 27 to 31 and I'll be 40 in 13 days.

wedding countdown

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Gotta say that i have to agree with this. 

Quoting Moe1521:

Are you serious?!!  I am told I could pass for my moms twin, and she is 23 years older than me. It's only an insult if you take it that way (as in if you think your mom is ugly or whatever).

JTriches
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Coming from a frenemy she probably meant "old and frumpy"  So make yourself look better every ady.  I'm sure hubby will approve.

rstuart66
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I wouldn't take it badly.  You probably just slightly resemble her and I don't think she meant it as an insult.  

leighasmom
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:30 PM
It depends on how she said it. If you feel like she's always insulting you why would you refer to her ad your friend?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ryantine
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:37 PM
People say I look exactly like my mom. I don't think she's the most beautiful and whine to them that I don't. She's also 25 years older and twice my size. But I love her and just accept that people think we look alike.
Hollysb
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:11 AM
I say it is a complement..Just telling it as I see it..If this person makes you feel uncomfortable then look at yourself first and if you aren't the problem then it's her. God Bless...
Hollysb
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:20 AM
1 mom liked this
My mom is dead and I feel honored when I am told that I look like my mother..Its my decision how I choose to take care of myself..My mom was a little overweight..Now I am too slightly..My mom gained weight when her parents died..I don't blame her....
AmosFarkle
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:48 AM

No, that's NOT AN INSULT, it's a COMPLIMENT!!!!!  Come on now, girls usually resemble their mothers.  It has nothing to do with age.  My mom's 83, I'm 56, and we've been compared for years.  

Methinks you might need to lighten up, hon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured