Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

17 month doesn't want to sit in buggy . HELP!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post
I am tired of being a nervous wreck every time I take my 17 month anywhere! I just left Walmart and am a nervous wreck! She tries getting out and I buckle her in but today she somehow about fell out! I took snacks and toys but nothing works! She is the same way going out to eat! I stay st home so I like to get out go do things but sometimes it just isn't worth it! Any suggestions on how to get her to be a better shopper?????
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Replies (11-13):
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:20 PM

I know it's difficult but you have to do a time out every time she acts like that, leave the store, take away any toy, and go back to the car or find a bench and make her sit. MAKE her. She will learn. You need to be able to go out shopping and to restaurants with a well behaved child.

saysmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:42 PM

About fell out of the shopping cart!

MJP76
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:02 PM

IMO it's hard to keep any kid to sit still from the age of 1-5....LOL

this is just one of those things that you have to bide your time with. I personally didn't take my kids places if they didn't know how to act appropriately...which is mostly before the age of 5. At 4.5/5 they can start to comprehend appropriate behavior for certain scenarios.. Like sitting still in a cart, or walking pleasantly next to the cart.. 

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured