Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I feel like I have no choice but quit my job...help plz

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:46 PM
  • 17 Replies

I'm 3 months I go to college full time and work a part time as a waitress. My coworkers and manager all know that I am pregnant and they keep trying to make me carry really heavy things and do stuff that my doctor told me to stop doing. Then they get mad because I can't push a heavy cart or take out a bag of trash that is taller then I am and they compare my pregnancy to others. They have been putting extra stress on me since I announced my pregnancy.

I decided to quit, I feel like I need to be stress free for my child. Not only for those reasons but they have begun to say some really insulting things about me and my baby and my family. I don't understand how people could have no heart to be so rude to be and I didn't do anything to them. My emotions are def running too high. Am I wrong for quitting? DF is currently looking for a job he's been jobless for a few months now. But I just feel like I can't take it anymore at that place. 

Edit** my job doesn't have a hr. it's my first pregnancy and I guess my doctor is worried about me and the heavy stuff because of all the weight I've lost so far, ten pounds. I know I shouldn't quit and I'm looking for a new job. But I feel like I have no other choice here and I hate it. I had everything growing up, I want to give my child a good life too :'( I have gotten to the point where I hate my job.

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lovelylola705
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:54 PM

BUMP!

Lovelylola705
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:54 PM

BUMP!

Lovelylola705
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:55 PM

BUMP!

angel_eyez
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:02 PM
You should get a letter from your doctor and hand it to your boss. Then tell everybody to kiss your ass and do only what you are comfortable with. You're going to probably need this job so dont quit because they're being assholes. Or look for another job to replace it. If you can live without it then quit or give the job to your husband.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
breebree04
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Is there something wrong that would make your dr tell you not to do any lifting? Normally you can still do any normal things you did before pregnancy as long as its not extremely straining. Is this your first pregnancy? As long as your health and are having a normal pregnancy you should be able to continue on with your normal activities. When I was pregnant with my dd I was lifting and carrying around a two year old toddler. If they are just being rude and making you uncomfortable then I dont blame you for not wanting to work there but I personally would have waited until I lined something else up or df found a job.

The_Doodle
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I would not quit and I would also contact the person that is above the GM since it seems like he/she is not doing anything to stop the harrassment.

JTE11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Unless your DF finds a job, I'd say not to quit until you find another job. I know that too much stress isn't good, and if you aren't supposed to do strenuous work and they make you anyway, that's definitely not good. But you both can't be out of work.  Try to find another job sooner rather than later so that you're not interviewing with a huge belly.

gizmo538
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:06 PM

If you have a note from your doctor then legally they cannot force you to do anything that goes against the doctor's orders. I'd also file a complaint with management over the harassment you are getting or contact your HR department.

I wouldn't quit without finding another job first or wait until your DH found a job. It's too risky.

ChocolateJunky
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Get a letter from the doc, give it to your boss and save a copy for yourself with your boss's signature showing that she read it. If the harassment continues between your coworkers, take it up with you boss. If it continues, go to HR. You can't exactly quit with no one else working. As stressful as it is, sometimes we have to keep our head up in the midst of chaos for the sake of our children.

Bleacheddecay
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Quit. They are trying to make you quit and it sucks but you will be happier away from there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)