Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

buying online...help!!!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:58 PM
  • 18 Replies
I bought a bunk bed from an online site, on the 6th. The payment has gone through...but there is no shipping update. I have tried to email with no response...and phone number says mailbox is full :(. My kids are on mattresses on the floor, waiting for a bed that may not come! I am so worried. What can I do? Can my bank do anything?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:59 PM

What company did you order from? Did you receive a confirmation email with the order number?

PinkParadox
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:02 AM
I ordered from futniturebloc.com & did get a confirmation. But when I try to track it...it just says ordered. Shipping info is blank.

Quoting aurora.dove:

What company did you order from? Did you receive a confirmation email with the order number?

aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:03 AM

When did the payment clear the bank?

Quoting PinkParadox:

I ordered from futniturebloc.com & did get a confirmation. But when I try to track it...it just says ordered. Shipping info is blank.

Quoting aurora.dove:

PinkParadox
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:06 AM
It cleared the 11th.

Quoting aurora.dove:

Quoting PinkParadox:

Quoting aurora.dove:

aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:09 AM

I would give it a few more days. I've been ordering online for a while, and many times with larger items, they have to go through special avenues for delivery. They won't give shipping information at all until the item has actually shipped. Most companies will send you an email when the package has shipped, it's usually within 3 or 4 days of the time payment clears but with large items it may take longer. When you paid for shipping, did it give an estimate of how long it would take before it arrived?

Quoting PinkParadox:

It cleared the 11th.

Quoting aurora.dove:

Quoting PinkParadox:

Quoting aurora.dove:

PinkParadox
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:11 AM
It didn't say when it would arrive. It just makes me so nervous that I can't reach them :(. Usually I stick to sites I know, and I've never had this issue

Quoting aurora.dove:

I would give it a few more days. I've been ordering online for a while, and many times with larger items, they have to go through special avenues for delivery. They won't give shipping information at all until the item has actually shipped. Most companies will send you an email when the package has shipped, it's usually within 3 or 4 days of the time payment clears but with large items it may take longer. When you paid for shipping, did it give an estimate of how long it would take before it arrived?

Quoting PinkParadox:

It cleared the 11th.

Quoting aurora.dove:

Quoting PinkParadox:

Quoting aurora.dove:

aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:14 AM

I definitely understand! I would send another email through their "Contact us" section and send one every day until you get updated shipping informaton or until they respond. I want to say it's fairly normal though. I've never ordered anything as large as a bed online though.

Quoting PinkParadox:

It didn't say when it would arrive. It just makes me so nervous that I can't reach them :(. Usually I stick to sites I know, and I've never had this issue

Quoting aurora.dove:

Quoting PinkParadox:

It cleared the 11th.

Quoting aurora.dove:

Quoting PinkParadox:

Quoting aurora.dove:

kann16
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:22 AM

http://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.furniturebloc.com

I use this to check every website when I question buying off of it.

-Kara Ann

aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I went and checked the website out and had my SO look. He's an IT guy and knows a bit about web development. He said several red flags go up looking through the website such as the pics at the bottom that say google checkout, ebay, etc. If they were legitimately using those services those would be clickable links and would take you to the website, however they are just pictures. Also there are several grammar issues, and the about us page says in business since ... He said contact the better business bureau about it and contact your bank immediately and tell them you may be a victim of identity theft and explain the situation. The BBB should get back with you rather quickly and tell you what further steps you need to take.

strangeyfine
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:52 AM
That site sounds pretty dubious to me. Your bank should be able to issue a refund if you explain the situation and the steps you havr taken to remedy it. Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN