Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

EVERYONE has a strong opinion about this...

Posted by   + Show Post

To pageant a ten mth old, or to pageant at all, yay or nay?!

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Replies (31-40):
IansMommy2012
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Big nay
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
icn_mom
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh you got that right! I cant even stomach the one honey boo boo, the world doesnt need another one lol

Quoting DeeDee205:

This.... and whatever you do, PLEEEAAASE don't make another Honey Boo Boo.  lol 

Quoting icn_mom:

I dont personally see anything wrong with it, so long as you dont make pageants her entire life. Do it for fun if you want, but dont go all toddlers in tiaras lol

Raeann11
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:07 PM

For my family no. But someone else can choose what they want to do. 

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I would never do it but that is just me.

If you and your family are okay with this and your LO likes this kind of thing. give it a try.  But stop doing it right away if she doesn't like doing it.  And don't second guess her either.  

JTE11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Going to have to say nay.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:47 AM

I would never send a girl to a pageant. 

IF I had a daughter. I would wait until or unless she mentioned it. Then go with whatever she said.

wedding countdown

huntersmama711
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Nay
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Is she going to enjoy it as much as you are? if not, then don't do it for your own selfish reasons....if she truly enjoys attention, and you think it's something she would enjoy, go for it.   How are you going to feel if she doesn't 'perform' at the pageant, and does nothing but cry?  That is a likely possibility too.  I'd say try it out if you really want to see what it's about, how she'll do, and then go from there, depending on how she likes it, or not. 

lnk8522
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:06 AM

nay

momamanda
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:15 AM

It wouldn't be for me, but as long as you are doing it because it's an enjoyment for you and the little one, I see nothing wrong with it. If  "winning" is the most important part then I'd say NAY!

I will add that I started doing pageants when I was 15 I did about 4 total as a teenager but it really was a confidence builder for me, even though I never won. So I am in full support of pageants but they have to be for the right reasons with no expectations or pressures.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN