Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

EVERYONE has a strong opinion about this...

Posted by   + Show Post

To pageant a ten mth old, or to pageant at all, yay or nay?!

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Replies (41-50):
Tea4Tas
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:40 AM

See at 10 months who cares? The kid will never remember it.  So if you do it , it will be for you-or for the prizes you can get-not for the 10 month old.

haileys_mommy06
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Nay
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:49 AM

no way.

weezer_cookie
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this
No, I refuse to give my daughter the impression that she is only as good as she looks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Ugh. No, I think this is disgusting. 

GraceStrickland
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:58 AM

No.

paganmommy4
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

While it can be adorable, society is making it acceptable to parade our little girls as future trophies. They are not dogs, you dont dress them up and make them prance on stage showing the world that yes Im a girl i have a vagina and need to be sexualized and demeaned and someday ill find myself a husband cause im so darned pretty. Thats what it is. And don't forget the pedophiles that attend those shows... Thats what those pageants are really about.... Same with miss america.. Ive got breasts and a vagina and look cute in the bikini.. 

mommythree0508
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Nay
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Thank you for sharing your experience. :)

Quoting momamanda:

It wouldn't be for me, but as long as you are doing it because it's an enjoyment for you and the little one, I see nothing wrong with it. If  "winning" is the most important part then I'd say NAY!

I will add that I started doing pageants when I was 15 I did about 4 total as a teenager but it really was a confidence builder for me, even though I never won. So I am in full support of pageants but they have to be for the right reasons with no expectations or pressures.

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I understand that Donald Trump suggested the revamping of one of those adult pageant shows to show more skin, and it raised the ratings. * rolls eyes *  :)

Quoting paganmommy4:

While it can be adorable, society is making it acceptable to parade our little girls as future trophies. They are not dogs, you dont dress them up and make them prance on stage showing the world that yes Im a girl i have a vagina and need to be sexualized and demeaned and someday ill find myself a husband cause im so darned pretty. Thats what it is. And don't forget the pedophiles that attend those shows... Thats what those pageants are really about.... Same with miss america.. Ive got breasts and a vagina and look cute in the bikini.. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN