Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

No routine/ schedule....... Help!!!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:46 PM
  • 8 Replies

My 17 month old was on a pretty good credible until recently. She wakes up at up 6-6:30 and we were laying her back down after I nursed her but then she didn't want to take her or al morning nap at 10. So I started  keeping her up and now she still doesn't really want to take it. I use to could just lay her down and she would go to sleep, not any more. She cries..... Soi have tried waiting until closer to lunch to give nap and that doesn't work either. But the problem is I leave my house at 2:15 to pick my oldest up at school and we get back home around 3-3:10. Well by then she is extremely tired andi have to listen to her cry in the car! I am a very scheduled person so this is really driving me nuts! With my first I could tell you when she was going to eat, sleep and poop everyday! But she was my only focus then! So I guess she is converting to one nap bt she can't hold out until 3! And of course now that I have started going back to the gym and taking classes around 12 and got a workout partner she wants to change the schedule lol!!!!! I know maybe I shouldn't be so anal about t but with me staying at home, I like to know how to plan out my day! Any suggestions?????

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:11 PM

You need a very structured schedule.  When to get up, when to have meals, snacks, bath time, nap time, bed time etc.   If she doesnt want to sleep just lay her down in her bed to rest.  Sometimes she may fall asleep, sometimes she may use that time to play with toys. I would keep her up once she is awake in the morning and then lay her down 2 hrs after she is up for a "rest" time.

SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:17 PM

We struggle with big kid pick-up/drop off, too.   Have you tried foregoing the morning nap and laying her down at 1pm after lunch?   It sounds like she's ready for one nap, it's just a matter of scheduling it between when you need to leave the house.  

saysmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Yes, I have tried putting her down at 12 as I know she needs AT LEAST a 2 hour nap but she isn't ready to sleep yet. If I did lay her down at 1, then she wild only get 1 hour of sleep and will probably be a bear by 5-6pm.

AkashaGermaine
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:23 PM
I have this problem too! Let me know if you figure it out, I'll do the same. ;-) But seriously, I'm trying to get ds, also 17 mo, to nap at 11:30 so he's up at 1:30 and we can leave my house by 2. I like to take him outside and run around so he's nice and worn out. He also sleeps better at night that way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Quoting saysmom:

Yes, I have tried putting her down at 12 as I know she needs AT LEAST a 2 hour nap but she isn't ready to sleep yet. If I did lay her down at 1, then she wild only get 1 hour of sleep and will probably be a bear by 5-6pm.

Well, which is better... a 1 hour nap at 1pm and going to bed a little early, or waiting until 3pm for a longer nap?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
MrsJoe125
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:31 PM

I agree you might be being a little anal, but... everything in moderation.  Could she nap for the hour (or 2) before you pick up your older child?

Mind didn't nap much after one either; one nap became a rare nap, by 2 they only needed a nap about a week at a time due to growth spurts.  By three, no more naps.

I agree with wanting to be able to schedule your day and not have your kid fall apart daily.  You're doing great. :-)

saysmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Not sure which would be better because she is going to be ill either way!!!!!

SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Quoting saysmom:

Not sure which would be better because she is going to be ill either way!!!!!

She'll adjust.   It may take some time, but she'll adjust either way... or try one thing and if it's not working out, try the other.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)