Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newly pregnant : )

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:11 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hey everyone! I just found this web site and I am so excited to connect with you all. I am 23 years old and married to the love of my life. We have been married 4 and a half years now and are both getting ready to graduate from college : ) Recently, I found out I was pregnant! I am so excited! I am now six weeks along and have very few symptoms- sore breasts and light cramping. I haven't really noticed much else. What I was wondering is, is it abnormal to have so few symptoms by this stage? It's a bit unnerving to not really feel pregnant. Not that I'm looking forward to morning sickness or anything like that. Thoughts?

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations, how exciting for you both! :)

Pregnancy symptoms are different for every woman, and can vary from pregnancy to pregnancy with the same woman.  I didn't have very many symptoms in any of my 3 viable pregnancies, so yes, it can be very normal. :)

Quoting EWUgirl:

Hey everyone! I just found this web site and I am so excited to connect with you all. I am 23 years old and married to the love of my life. We have been married 4 and a half years now and are both getting ready to graduate from college : ) Recently, I found out I was pregnant! I am so excited! I am now six weeks along and have very few symptoms- sore breasts and light cramping. I haven't really noticed much else. What I was wondering is, is it abnormal to have so few symptoms by this stage? It's a bit unnerving to not really feel pregnant. Not that I'm looking forward to morning sickness or anything like that. Thoughts?

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations!

It really seems to be different for each person. I had morning sickness right from the start- thought it was flu at first.  But not everyone has this.

LoveMommyhood12
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't worry - the pregnancy symptoms will show up :)  I felt the same way - until morning sickness hit at 8 weeks.  Then there was no more worrying about not having symptoms!  The next weird thing for me - was being pregnant, feeling pregnant, but not looking pregnant.  I didn't start to show at all until I was around 5 months (which is fairly typical for first time moms). 

Just enjoy it all.  Your due date will be here before you know it!  Congrats!

EWUgirl
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Thank you so much! It's so good to hear that things are "normal". Sounds funny, but I'm actually looking forward to some more pronounced sypmtoms! Though I think the most amazing thing of all will be to feel the baby move : )

EWUgirl
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:16 PM

So good to know! Thank you so much : )

atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I never had symptoms. Never had morning sickness either. Eveyone is different.

Quoting EWUgirl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:27 PM

I didnt start getting any sort of symptoms until i was about 6 weeks along, and then it hit, and it hard! LOL i was sick the rest of my pregnancy ;( not fun, but yet i miss it sooo much! every pregnancy is different tho. best of luck to you and yours :)

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:28 PM

ohh and welcome to the group :)

EWUgirl
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Thank you so much!
zanderNerynMOM
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Welcome! symptoms are different for every pregnancy. I have two children, and both my experiences were completely different. Most of my symptoms didn't really hit til about 12 or 15 weeks. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured