Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this normal behavior for my 4 year old?!

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:29 PM
  • 17 Replies

Hello everyone! I have a 4 year old son who LOVES wearing girl shoes and hair assessories and has been calling himself a girl. I dont know if this is normal for him or if something is going on. Most importantly I dont know how to deal with it.  Do I let him wear the shoes and hair clips?? Im just so overwhelmed and confussed. Can anyone give me some advice please!

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Normal? I don't know.

What can you do about it? Why would you want to do anything about it? If this is what he likes, then let him be himself. Let him wear what makes him happy!

jackieb2811
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Is he an only child? Does he watch you do your hair and get dressed etc? If so it may be him just imitating what he sees so it would be normal. Kids do silly things let him be who he is no matter what but just remind him he is a boy he should do boy things! DO more guy things with him which I know as a momma is hard to do but go dig in dirt or play catch with him or buy him some trucks and action figures and such.

Telly9
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:41 PM

No he has a younger sister. He loves to play with her toys. I have tried to get him involved in boy stuff and he participates but still make everything female like. I just wonder if he will grow put of it.

Telly9
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:42 PM

out*

nikki554
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

It is normal. Every boy wants to be just like their mommy. He loves you and he is just showing it in a way that we as adults really do not understand. But it is normal. 

doulala
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:59 PM

There is nothing to deal with.     Normal and fine.
:-)

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I would just let him. No harm. He is 4.

doulala
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Quoting Telly9:

No he has a younger sister. He loves to play with her toys. I have tried to get him involved in boy stuff and he participates but still make everything female like. I just wonder if he will grow put of it.

lol boy stuff --like things with a penis?    ;-P

Toys are toys, not genders~   children of any gender can want to & can enjoy any toy!

Does he have friends/classmates/playdates with other children too?

Mail Myself to You
elephantmamaof2
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:03 PM

SO normal then! Ds is as boy as they come- baseball, football- everything, and I still catch him playing with his sister's dolls and stuff! I once caught them putting makeup on each other lol. Trust me- its normal.

Quoting Telly9:

Telly9
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Yes I mean boy stuff as in  stuff that people would consider a male toy. He goes to headstart and is starting to get teased.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured