Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

working mom

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:59 PM
  • 6 Replies

i need a moms who work support group or something!!! my son is 5 months and i cry everyday b/c i barely see him mon-fri...

this is killing me.. any advice? and no its not getting easier if anything its harder!!!

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:01 PM

It may never get easier but you do what you have to for financially supporting your family.   A support group would be hard since everyone is working.

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:07 PM

:( Is it possible to stop by his daycare during your lunch break to be with him? I know some moms do this to nurse as well. 

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:51 PM

((hugs))  Some day cares have a cam that lets parents look in at their baby, or if you have a sitter, perhaps you can ask for a cam or skype even and check in from time to time.

carolina_gal
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:13 AM

I searched groups and we do have a working moms group here...

http://www.cafemom.com/group/47645

aimesnyc
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:14 AM

It will always be hard, but eventually it gets a bit easier.  Also, what helped for me was being able to change my work schedule so I spent more time with my son in the evening.  I went from working 9-5 to 8-4 (which I don't mind b/c I am a morning person).  My husband takes him to daycare in the morning and I pick him up in the evening.  I love having that extra time in the evening.

I also made a binder with a spreadsheet so that the DCP cousl fill out when he ate, slept, had a diaper change, etc.  It made me feel more involved in his day.  Good luck! *HUGS*

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

TerriAnne2606
My Jamberry Nails - go to http://TexasTerri.Jamberrynails.net to find out more!
Yesterday at 10:15 AM
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:57 AM

It is hard but think of the things you are providing for your family. My husband is a disabled vet and i'm the bread winner in the family.  Our DD has been in a WONDERFUL daycare since she was 7 months old and is eager to go every morning. This morning (she's just turned 3), she was complaining that I wasn't driving fast enough.  LOL  As long as you feel like the daycare is the best it can be, and that they love your little one as much as you do (our teachers are part of our family and even babysit occasionally for us), you will eventually begin to feel better about leaving you little one.  It does take time, though.  It won't change over night.  Please feel free to PM me if you need to chat. I'm on my computer all day (exec admin) so I can usually hop on CM pretty quickly!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)