Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

someone remind me, please.

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:11 PM
  • 9 Replies
The treacherous threes are almost over for me... but I feel like he's throwing one heck of a ***firework *** finale of a show...

The tantrums last longer

the screams are louder
u
everything's more dramatic

He freaks out for everything and anything.

he is either super super loving or a complete maniac that I can't (God help me ) stand being around!! And more often then not during the past two weeks or more its been the latter. he's gone back to hitting us, something he has not done since he was 14 -16 months old.

I find myself screaming just to be heard over the madness and I seriously am losing my mind!!

Can this just be a phase or is this who he is? I'm worried!! he'll he 4 in April BTW.

Remind me again.

this will be over soon.

right??????!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:28 PM

First step.  Dont raise your voice when he starts the fits.  He definitely knows how to drive you batty now with the misbehaviors.   How do you go through discipline for the misbehaviors?

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
This, too, shall pass.
jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Well.... 4 isn't much better than 3.  And is some ways, it's worse. :)  But I hear that by 5, they start to even out.  My 4 year old is turning 5 in April and he has had a better last few months than he has had the last year or two.

2curly
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this

My DD will be 4 in May, everything you said sounds familiar.  I hope it is just a phase. Phasing out I should say.  We can only hope :)

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:01 AM

only "bad" year my daughter had was 3..lol..so yes, it does pass!! :)  hang in there momma :)

AngelicMommy_72
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Thank you mamas! lol
AngelicMommy_72
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:51 AM
His Treachery began a few months after he turned two... although its never been this bad lol so I'm hoping its his last attempt at fighting the rules
he sees his cousins throw fits n get their ways ... so maybe he thinks if he just keeps at it I'll break lol good. luck with that kiddo

Quoting jackiewal10:

Well.... 4 isn't much better than 3.  And is some ways, it's worse. :)  But I hear that by 5, they start to even out.  My 4 year old is turning 5 in April and he has had a better last few months than he has had the last year or two.

whoodathunk
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:04 AM

This is the time you're setting the groundwork for your future.  Get a handle on it now or you'll be set.  Because he's almost 4 and the magic number is 5, get some professional help.  Take a parenting class.  Stop yelling!  You'll blink your eyes and he'll be headed to college...you want to enjoy the time inbetween, not dread it.  You may consider putting him in an activity that requires discipline like karate.  Good luck!

AngelicMommy_72
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Lol I first give a warning and follow through if action is repeated

but! He throws an outrageous tantrum for everything.
no you can't play Wii right now but here lets go do this ... tantrum

Lets go outside to play... tantrum
lets come inside from playing. tantrum

if its C, that's your warning...(hitting, running inside, rough housing , etc) he complies usually, if he doesn't he's in a time out... n screaming "help me, help me" - lol but if its a discipline thing I get it.

its the words no, you can't, I'm sorry but, not right now.
. that he's got issues with

I'm really good at not giving in, but I'm telling you the kid's almost broken me before. if I put him in his timeout he screams, we live with pawpaw (66) so I've tried letting him go at it but I have to intervene, and I cannot snap him out of his screaming without raising my voice, because he won't hear me.

Quoting frndlyfn:

First step.  Dont raise your voice when he starts the fits.  He definitely knows how to drive you batty now with the misbehaviors.   How do you go through discipline for the misbehaviors?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)