Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

TV.. good? bad?

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:10 PM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: whats your take on TV?

Options:

TV on all the time

Its ok every once in a while

No TV ever

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 12

View Results

my parents and my sister let my daughter watch tv when i'm at work. ok fine half the time i come home and she's playing with her toys or dancing around our living room not even paying attention to the tv. My man and i can live with out tv, we dont need it. and we prefer to have it off when our daughter is up. 

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
DeeDee205
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Mine is on all the time, mainly because I like the background noise.  My little ones have their favorite shows, but don't watch all the time.  They have access to Sprout channel, Nick Jr (shows that teach something, not like Spongebob), and BabyTV.  My oldest actually has learned quite a bit from shows like Dora, Umizoomi, SuperWhy, Diego.  If your family allows her tv time, maybe find shows that you will OK for her.  And at home with you and dad, if tv is not on, then that's the rule. TV has not made my kid a sloth one bit.  She still bounces off the walls.

NicholeJirik
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:27 PM

my main rule is no dora (i think the show is annoying and dont want to listen to it) but my mom tries hard to put learning channels on which isnt bad. (my sister watches spongbob), i dont have a problem with tv i just would Rather run around and play then have us sit in front of the tv. 

Quoting DeeDee205:

Mine is on all the time, mainly because I like the background noise.  My little ones have their favorite shows, but don't watch all the time.  They have access to Sprout channel, Nick Jr (shows that teach something, not like Spongebob), and BabyTV.  My oldest actually has learned quite a bit from shows like Dora, Umizoomi, SuperWhy, Diego.  If your family allows her tv time, maybe find shows that you will OK for her.  And at home with you and dad, if tv is not on, then that's the rule. TV has not made my kid a sloth one bit.  She still bounces off the walls.

KawaiiLila
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:28 PM
I live in a house with m mom stepdad and currently 2 out of my 7 brothers. The TVs are on most of the days. And I have it on for background noise during the day as with such a big family I sometimes cannot stand the quiet. During the week my dd and I are the only ones home usually so when I need to prep dinner or take a shower or do laundry I plop her in the pack n play and put on Kai lan blue's clues or yo gabba gabba (her favorites) so she isn't bored and try to get out of the pack n play so i know she is safe. I think it's fine and sometimes even a necessity.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bleacheddecay
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:40 PM

TV if age appropriate and preferably learning channels only is fine until they are old enough to discern between the shows that uphold your values and the ones that don't. Then I give them free reign.

alf2651
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I have mine on a lot, simply for background noise. We don't have cable or satellite though, only Netflix. And DD doesn't watch TV all the time. She prefers to play in her room or go outside, which is perfectly all right with me.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

frstldyhmsch
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Depends on what your watching....In my house it's all things educational...if it's not educational it's probably trash

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:38 AM

mine is usually on, but for background noise.  whether its on the music station or just news..LOL..i like noise in the background

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)