Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Had a rough day today.. I dunno

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:10 PM
  • 6 Replies

My husband went in for a colonoscopy today. Everything was okay with that, but his liver function tests were abnormal. His ALT and AST were high, which isn't good. He got a ton of tests, blood work, and has an ultrasound next week. I can't help but worrying. What if something is really wrong? How do we tell the kids if something happens? I know it could be, and probably is, nothing, but it's getting to me. I have no one else to talk to. I just wanted to vent for a sec. He seems perfectly okay with everything. I dunno how.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Dqnana
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:40 PM

DON'T get crazy before you know what it going on. There are a lot of things that can cause temporary abnormalities. You need a good bit more looking before it is time to hyperventilate, OK?  Be concerned ... but take 3 REALLY deep breaths and settle down until you have more information.  It is all going to work out just the way it is supposed to.  

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:45 PM

It is perfectly OK for you to be concerned. Try to think positive thoughts. If you are religious, pray, or ask for prayers from those who are. Please keep us updated.

frstldyhmsch
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:56 PM

praying

sabrtooth1
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:03 PM
In the US, the most common cause liver dysfunction is Tylenol overdose. It does not have to be a one time thing, it could be cumulative. It is usually unintentional. It can be reversed if there's not too much damage.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
2curly
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:35 PM

It is understandable to be concerned, but do your best to stay positive.  I'll pray that all is well

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:25 AM

aww try not to worry hun.  stay positive, or at least try too! *HUGS*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured