Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Gifts for niece/nephews

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:51 PM
  • 11 Replies

My niece is turning 5 and I have two nephews turning 2 and 3 all in the same month!  I know I want to get the 2yr old Crosby Crab stroller toy because my baby has one and he is always wanting to play with it. 

http://www.amazon.com/Tiny-Love-Crosby-Clip-On-Stroller/dp/B008K02VPE

Any suggestions on things that are around the same price range (15) that would work for the other kids?  What were your kids' favorite toys at that age?

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:52 PM

DD will be 7 next month and she has always liked my little ponies, disney princesses, stuffed cats etc.  Not sure for a 3 yr old boy except the various toys by CARS 

mghtymffn
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:53 PM

not sure, but all of my siblings and my hubby's siblings has decided that we would just get books for the kids unless we see them in person.........which only happens once a year, lol.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:54 PM

This would be fun for all 3 to share ............ http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Deluxe-Cardboard-Blocks/dp/B000A12YBW/ref=sr_1_20?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1360979599&sr=1-20

JTE11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:58 PM

At that age my friend's boys were into pirates, dinosaurs, and Spiderman. But you can look online for developmental/educational toys too. I've gotten a Melissa and Doug Latches board for her one son and for my DD who just turned two. there are also wooden lacing beads (also Melissa and Doug, I buy a lot of this stuff lol) and your basic dumptrucks, firetrucks, etc. The Melissa a d Doug stuff runs around $20 but you can often find sales and clearances. OH and don't forget books! That's all I have, good luck! :)

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:05 PM

5 yr old girl this its 19.99 @ Walmart

American Plastic Toys My Very Own Shop N' Pay Market

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:07 PM

3 yr old boy this $15 @ Walmart

American Plastic Toys School Bus Ride-O

MissTacoBell
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Books.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:27 AM

at 5 my daughter was OBSESSED with "my littlest petshop" stuff

for the boys, hotwheels..spiderman..'cars' characters..

cjsix
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:34 AM

The Disney princess Barbies,Cars characters,Hot Wheels, Coloring books,art pads and the big boxes of Crayolas,water paints,various craft items...my kids loved crafts,they also loved books...Dr Suess,Biscuit (the puppy),Fancy Nancy,If You Give A Mouse ____ books...

music_n_theatre
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:25 PM

We all live within an hour of each other so we will definitely see each other.  I like the idea of books, but I gave them all books for Christmas and two of them tore the books apart (the older ones!  And they were board books! Just a destructive family, I guess..)  

Anyway, thank you to all for the suggestions!  We decided to get Crosby crab for the 2yr old boy, A stomp rocket for the other boy (because he has so much energy!) and build-your-own headbands for the girl, which we don't expect her to do on her own, but with the help of her mom they can build fun accessories which works really well for her because she's such a girly girl.  Hope they like our choices!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)