Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Toddlers and Tiaras

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:24 AM
  • 20 Replies

What's your ladies opinion about this show? Lol I think it's pretty ridiculous and those children are being set up for disappointment. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:37 AM
It is awful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Disgusting.

beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:54 AM
It's horrible. The majority of the kids on there are spoiled brats, they throw massive tantrums if they don't win (and so do their parents), the mothers hide the true cost from their spouses which is such a horrid example for these kids, and my heart breaks every time I hear those kids say that they love doing pageants because they probably don't, they just don't know any different.

I hope they are saving some of their winnings for therapy later in life...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ravishing_dame
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Always makes me wonder why the South does this crap.  I remember in the news, people were throwing their arms in the air about Vogue putting a photo of a young girl in their magazine.  These people were claiming it was sexualizing the child.  Excuse me, these little pageants lack decorum and are trashy.  The girl in this Vogue picture is more dressed then pagents girls and at least has some elegance to her looks 

Kazmira222
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:50 AM
I agree. I think there's a huge difference on modeling than just trying to look trashy for a crown.

Quoting Ravishing_dame:

Always makes me wonder why the South does this crap.  I remember in the news, people were throwing their arms in the air about Vogue putting a photo of a young girl in their magazine.  These people were claiming it was sexualizing the child.  Excuse me, these little pageants lack decorum and are trashy.  The girl in this Vogue picture is more dressed then pagents girls and at least has some elegance to her looks 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I think it is horrible. I feel sorry for those little girls.

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:39 PM

The moms talk about how much the children enjoy it, but from the shows I've seen the kids are tired and whiny and very upset when they don't win.  I would hope that the children would have other interests- arts, music, athletics, academics, so they don't base their worth on all of the fake stuff applied to their bodies and sashaying in front of an audience. 

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:41 PM

One show I watched, the dad was talking about the expenses and even made the remark that it was taking away from the child's college fund. The mom said that the child didn't need college- that she'd know how to walk, how to perform in front of an audience.

Quoting beadingmom17:

It's horrible. The majority of the kids on there are spoiled brats, they throw massive tantrums if they don't win (and so do their parents), the mothers hide the true cost from their spouses which is such a horrid example for these kids, and my heart breaks every time I hear those kids say that they love doing pageants because they probably don't, they just don't know any different.

I hope they are saving some of their winnings for therapy later in life...

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:42 PM

This picture makes me uneasy because I can't help but think of pervs looking at her as though she were a non-person.

Quoting Ravishing_dame:

Ravishing_dame
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:12 PM

But shit like Toddlers and Tiaras is ok?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN