Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

need advice!! my mother hates the father of my child.

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:50 PM
  • 4 Replies

having a second baby wasn't easy, especially since its a different guy. my mother lives in another country so its been 3 years since ive seen her. but we get along usual great, i respect her very much. while staying with me and my bf. me and him unfortunately argued alot. we had screaming matches and curse eachother out. my mother was a witness to it, plus i had literally just had the baby a couple days when the arguments began. so now my mother is back in her country and wants me to kick him out in the street..... i understand why she would want me to leave him. but since she left we've been getting along great. but i feel bad choosing him over her because she's just trying be a mother and look out for me. don't know what to do.

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tyfry7496
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:53 PM
3 moms liked this
You didn't chose him over her, she lives in another country and you had a baby with him. From what you said, it sounds like you were under stress from having a baby and your mother being there too. If its not normal for you to argue with each other, is let it go. Not a reason to kick him out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CarrieRage
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:06 PM

thanks, my mother just seems to feel that since i had just had the baby he should of been more sensitive towards me instead of arguing with me....

michiganmom5150
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Was it an isolated incident? Do you always fight? Or was it just a rough couple of days? All couple go through rough patches and maybe having her there was added stress.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ryansmom2004
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:36 PM

If you and your b/f have not been yelling and screaming and there's no abuse you need to tell your mom that she needs to give him a chance and that by hating your b/f it is going to create bad feelings between her and her grandchildren. They will always side with you and their father and come to resent her and see her as a trouble maker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)