Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

carseat brands

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:48 AM
  • 2 Replies

hay ladies i have a 8 month old and he dose not fit in his car seat any more  he is chubby and just a big boy but i don't know what car seat i should get or what brand if any of you guys have any suggestion i really have t shop for   one the max price ill pay is 190.

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I would get a mysize70 (not myride) $150ish at babies r us. 
Rearfaces to 40lbs, front faces to 70lbs.
There isn't a specific brand I like. I love all brands because they are all safety tested the same. Some just have extra perks that make the seat more comfortable for baby, or easier to use for mom or dad.
The best seat is the one that fits your baby, car, and budget.
Good luck! 

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:00 AM

And, just a fair warning, don't let the brand whores get you down. 
Britax isn't "THE BEST" it is the most expensive because it has extra perks and padding.
I would buy a mysize, or true fit, depending on the child, before I would buy a britax. They are good seats, don't get me wrong, they are just way too expensive. And yes, I owned one. I actually still own one.
But this is her last seat EVER and it will last a very long time.
If a $300 seat could rear face my child longest, I would save up and get it, but (from my experiance) my daughter outgrew her Britax Marathon rearfacing at 2. She rearfaced comfortably till 3.5 almost 4 in the True Fit premier.

I am just saying, brands don't matter in the long run. What matters is what fits your needs, and your baby the best. 
If that means a $50 cosco scerena that keeps your little one rearfacing till 40lbs, so be it! YAY!!! You don't HAVE to spend a fortune.

Just a heads up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured