Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Don't know what to expect now...

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:56 PM
  • 6 Replies

HI everyone hope all is well, I am in a very huge bind, you see me and my sons father agreed to do 6 months between the two for last year and last year alone well he went and pulled a fast one on me and filed trying to get full custody of our son Drake, now I  have spent 1500 on two different lawyers the first lawyer that I had I wasn't happy with him because he didn't want to do anyting couldn't even get a hold of him when I had a question he just wasn't professional with me at all, so now I have a new lawyer so far I am happy with him he has been there to answer what questions I may have seeing how this is my first so I don't know what to expect, now I am behind in my bills because I want to win this case I be dang if the father gets my first born that he didn't even want in the first place, plus his lawyer got us going to court for 3 full days in July, now my question is what is going to go down? what is going to happen? because 3 full days? come on now it doesn't take that long to figure out who the child is best off with, also we have shared custody is it wise to put drake in pre kindergarden since he is 5 years old and his dad hasn't even got him in school yet? and they are also going to do a evaluation on the homes anything I need to know before hand so I can be well prepared in my home?

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry, I am not sure, but good luck in everything! I hope that the arrangement is what is best for Drake. 

KLove_Mom
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

That's a tough arrangement anyway... 

Are you in the same city? school district?

If you get him for the next few months I'd definitely put him in a pre-K program if there's one that has spots for him this late in the year. Or look into your local Head Start program since you're having trouble with your bills. It will be a good prep for him for Kindergarten in the fall, and the teachers can help you asses any behavioural issues he's having due to stress at home. 

Shouldn't your lawyer be allowed to call the court clerk or someone and see why the judge allowed 3 full days for the hearing. That seems excessive if there's nothing new going on.

pricemp2012
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Well we have shared custody so there for he is with me one week and his dad the other week and we don't live in the same county, and I hope to hear from my lawyer about that because 3 days is ridiculous even his secretary said that.

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:43 AM

You definitely need to talk to your attorney. Your questions should be able to be answered by him. You may also see about contacting a family advocate, they may be able to help.

Good luck

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I'm sorry, I am really not sure. I know you mentioned not paying your bills and I don't think that is necessarily a wise choice. Good luck....I hope everything works out for you.

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't have advice, but I wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and good wishes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN