Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Preschooler puking...PIOG

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:55 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hello. My DS will be 4 in April. I think, up until now, he's puked a total of 3 times in his whole little life. Not much. He woke up vomiting today, and has done so a total of about 20 times, each time, just a little. It looks like there is no food, just bright yellow liquid. (I read that this was bile) We called his pedi, and she advised only sips of water till the puking slows down and stops. She said if he has not stopped in 6 hrs, then to come in. Here's the thing...he has no fever, no nausea, he just goes to the bucket, pukes a little, then goes right back to what he's doing. It doesnt seem to bother him AT ALL! He does not show any sign that he's not feeling well, other than the vomiting. Its so weird! He's also told me that he's hungry, but every time we give him even the smallest piece of bread, 10 minutes later, he's throwing it up. Two sips of water? 10 minutes later, he's puking again. He cannot keep ANYTHING down. but shows no signs that its bothering him? What the heck? I dont know what to do! He's running around, playing with toys, and just takes breaks to vomit! Ive never seen anything like it. Also, we're in Poland, so there is no Pedilite or anything like that. What can I do to make the puking stop? Anyone been through anything similar, and if so, what was the cause? 

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Tea4Tas
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:00 AM

Nothing will stop it. Don't let him take the sips-measure it-an ounce then wait 20 minutes-then an ounce. And flat ginger ale might be better than water.  Goggle home made pedilyte solutions.   Go see the ped because it's been more than 6 hours.

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:04 AM
Give him gatoraide hes a trooper poor kid:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amc103
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:13 AM

I actually just got a recipe for Pedilyte, so I will try that! Thank you! We're 6 hours ahead of EST in the US, and we just called the pedi like 1.5 hours ago, so we still have some time, but I think we're going to take him in anyway. Oh, no ginger ale in Poland either, bummer! Thank you for the advice!

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Nothing will stop it. Don't let him take the sips-measure it-an ounce then wait 20 minutes-then an ounce. And flat ginger ale might be better than water.  Goggle home made pedilyte solutions.   Go see the ped because it's been more than 6 hours.

amc103
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:14 AM

Thank you! No gatoraid in Poland though. GRR!!!! I know, I feel so badly for him! :-( 

Quoting strictmomhere:

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:18 AM
That sucks

Quoting amc103:

Thank you! No gatoraid in Poland though. GRR!!!! I know, I feel so badly for him! :-( 

Quoting strictmomhere:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I haven't had this happen, hope he feels better soon!

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Don't give him water and do pedialyte or ginger ale, instead. I recently learned that water is hard on the stomach when you have a stomach virus. Hope he feels better, soon.

amanda81919
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Something with electrolytes in it but just a little at a time, he probably got dehydrated. No bread, applesauce or something like that. Bread has too much salt. Maybe rice and milk boiled? I used to give it to mine when they vomited.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)