Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

DISNEY WORLD! WHERE DO YOU EVEN START??

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:41 PM
  • 27 Replies

We just decided to take our 4 year old and 14 year old sil to disney world for DS 5th Birthday. We will be leaving in May (17th or 18th) I think we are going to drive (12 hours) instead of buying airline ticket. I didn't realize how many things there is to plan! I NEED HELP! We are budgeting about 1500 for the WHOLE TRIP including any extra activities/souviners etc. I want to stay like 6 nights 7 days, but by the looks of the prices that isn't going to happen. Any advice??

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JZB
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:42 PM
There is a Disney group they can help with everything
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CookieMom108
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I' can honestly say that $1500 doesnt seem enough for a 6 night stay.  

aidyns_mommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Exactly why I said that isn't likely to happen.

Quoting CookieMom108:

I' can honestly say that $1500 doesnt seem enough for a 6 night stay.  

aidyns_mommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Quoting JZB:

There is a Disney group they can help with everything

thank you!

kim8934
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I'm not sure anymore if you can do the whole trip for that amount, but you can try.  check hotels off disney property, some have really good deals that include access into the parks.  They also include shuttles to the different parks, which will save you on parking.  go check out Birnbaum's Disney 2013 guide from your public library, they have some great advice in there.

DCR1
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I am going to go along with the rest and advise calling 1800Disney and have them send you out the packet so you are positive of the prices for everything, and you can see the different plans available to insure a fun trip based on your budget.

emkirkley
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Go to the Disney Board (here and babycenter are both good ones) allears.net, disneyfoodblog.com, mousavers, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/Pixie.Dust.by.Dana

if you book now at disney and they offer a discount for later, you can change it until 45 days before your trip for no charge. and you have until 45 days before your trip to pay it off with no interest or fees.

Clubpenguin
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:15 PM
We were thinking of going this past February. I researched a lot and found out things like you really need to stay in the park with Little ones because they need to be able to rest and stay close which is expensive. We have 3 Los and it would have cost close to 6 thousand for a week. Sadly we couldn't afford it. Hope you can
billssweety
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:20 PM

We just went to Disneyland, 8 hour drive, family of 4 and it cost us $2700, tickets into the park for a 4 day hopper were $245 per person, hotel we split with friends that went with us was $100 per night, we had a gift card from a credit card we got for souvenirs for $200 so that wasn't included in our budget, we did not eat in the park but at Ihop across the street where kids eat free so dinner was about $32 per night.....we had a blast and are already planning next years trip!

aidyns_mommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:37 PM
We def.couldn't afford that. Hopefully we can figure it out. I know we plan to eat most meals in the hotel room.

Quoting billssweety:

We just went to Disneyland, 8 hour drive, family of 4 and it cost us $2700, tickets into the park for a 4 day hopper were $245 per person, hotel we split with friends that went with us was $100 per night, we had a gift card from a credit card we got for souvenirs for $200 so that wasn't included in our budget, we did not eat in the park but at Ihop across the street where kids eat free so dinner was about $32 per night.....we had a blast and are already planning next years trip!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)