Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

pregnancy pillow?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:35 PM
  • 8 Replies
I'm 10 weeks preggo and our mattress is too firm for my preggo self lol. Lately I have been sleeping on top of two king size pillows and putting one between my knees. It seems to really help, so I was considering getting a pregnancy pillow. Are they worth buying? Is there a really good brand I should look into?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I just used a full length body pillow.  It was less expensive than a "pregnancy pillow".

LoveMommyhood12
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:10 PM

The pregnancy pillow was a life saver for me.  I had bad reflux so using it to prop me up, and off my side really helped.  

brittany208
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:16 PM

I have a full sized body pillow I got from bed bath and beyond. I don't use it when not pregnant, but when pregnant--I LOVE it and NEED it and sleep like a baby. I can curl up with it on one side, then roll over and curl up on my DH on the other side and I feel like I'm in a cozy nest all night long. A pillow under the top leg will work okay... but I LOVEEEEE my body pillow!

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:18 PM
I sayif you already are able to make the other pillows work save your money
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoeMax
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:24 PM
I just looked into it and the pregnancy pillows are SO expensive. If I get anything it will be just a regular body pillow from bed bath and beyond. The pillows piled under me do work, but they also slip around a little. I just need something that is one piece.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:31 PM

a body pillow will fit your whole length yet you can put your head at the top, move it to help belly and put the other end between legs.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

i used a body pillow when i was pregnant, i loooved it :)

3kidz123
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:51 PM

I've done body pillows and a pregnancy pillow. Buy the pregnancy pillow! Body pillows are NOT just as good...when I got my pregnancy pillow for my 5th pregnancy I was so mad at myself for thinking other pillows were good enough! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN