Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am a first time mommy.....

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:51 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

Good afternoon all,

I would like to start off introducing myself.  My name is Heather, I am 38 years old and had my first baby 8 months ago.  I live in North Carolina in the Greensboro area and I am blessed to be a stay at home mom as a profession.  Prior to me getting pregnant I was a substance abuse counselor.  I am engaged to be married to the love of my life and am blessed to have inherited his son from his previous marriage.  So I have 2 sons, Caleb who is 15 and Aedan who is 8 months.  I never expected my life to become so flourished with all of these wonderful things  God certainly has a plan.  As a new mommy I have tons of questions and thought this site was great for interaction with other parents who might be able to guide me once in a while. Also, thought it would be a great place to meet some friends.  I look forward to chatting with yall.  Thanks and have a wonderful afternoon.

Heather

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SpiritedMom2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Hello Heather - I have a smilar profile. I had my first child when I was 39 years old and I inherited two older kids from my dh. It was a great blessing for me to start out my new life with a large family - 3 kids, me and my dh. It was a learning experience and very tough for me at first as when I got married - I didnt have kids and it was difficult to deal with my step-kids who were much older. I had a strained relationship with  my step-daughter at first (from her side) but with a lot of love, patience and God's blessings, after 4 years of marriage I now have such a wonderful relationship with her that she shares her issues and concerns with me and treats me as a friend. Would love to pass on any learnings along the way and get some tips from you as well. Welcome to the journey of mother hood (doesnt it feel wonderful to be called mamaaaa :)

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Welcome to the group, Heather!

StacyO722
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Hi :) Welcome to the group. This is definitely a great place to chat and get advice from other Moms.

I'm 33 years old with a super active 3 1/2 year old and 1 on the way. I'm a Stay at Home Mom too.

Cafe Steph
Yesterday at 11:11 AM
What are you doing this weekend? - CafeMom

I'm going to spend some time with my family this weekend, starting with Grandmother's funeral, then celebrating my

by Head Admin on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Heather! Welcome to the group! Congratulations on becoming a mom, too. :)

Join us in the  North Carolina Moms group!

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi! Welcome to the group!

I was going to post the North Carolina group for you but Cafe Steph beat me to it:)

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group Heather, and congrats on being a new mommy and step mommy!! 

Ask away, we are here!

zacmacsmomm
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Heather, I'm Christi.  I'm new to this group myself.  I'm 41, married with 2 children ages 19 (b) and 13 (g).  I would be happy to answer any questions, but be warned.  All my info and experiences with my two are outdated I've come to find out lol

mommafoxphelps
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:51 PM

You truly just made my day,   Thank you and I look forward to sharing more with you.   Your right our stories are very similar.  I am having a hard time with my step son right now.  I just dont know how to get close to him.  I am always very kind and I really leave alot of the parenting up to Marty, however I support and help in anyway I can.  It involves patience  apologize for taking a couple of days to respond to you.  Have a great day today!

Heather

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Welcome to the group! You should also join the baby group. We would love to have you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MMerrill
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Nice to meet you!  I'm Melissa, 21, happily married with one miracle boy who is 4 months old.  I'm currently a SAHM.  I live outside of Asheville, NC :)

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured