Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

WHAT CONDOM SHOULD I USE!!!????

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:38 PM
  • 20 Replies

Alright so....yes, this is a personal question but I REALLY would love any helpful answer. I recently started a dating a really nice guy, and for those single moms out there, you know it's hard to find a nice guy that doesn't get scared off when he finds out you have a kid.

We've been hanging out for about a month now and the other night we finally were able to...eh hem..."get it in." The only problem is, he's used to (for lack of a better term) raw-dogging it, when I insisted on using a condom. I'm not on birth control and I learned my lesson the first time...I'm not ready for another kid!!!!! He wasn't able to finish and quite honestly it made me feel like I was incompetant; like I didn't fulfill my womanly duties in pleasuring him like I'm supposed to....I've NEVER not had a man finish so I immediatly felt insecure feeling like I'm just not sexy enough (this guy is drop dead sexy too btw).

The second condom we used, ultra thin, was too small and was uncomfortable for him...again, he didn't finish!!

I'm just curious if anyone else has had this problem. I know if guys are not used to wearing a "rain coat" that it's harder for them to finish wearing one...especially when they haven't worn one in a long time (I also don't know what kinds of girls he's slept with "raw-dogging it" so that's also another reason why I want him to wear protection.

Do you have any suggestions as to what brand/type of condom to use? I want him to feel pleasured and I'm starting to feel embarrassed it hasn't happend and since we aren't officially together, I'm afraid he'll find another skank that won't care about using protection....and I actually really like this guy.

HELP!!!!!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jupiter5
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:40 PM

i would go to the family planning dr together, both get checked and u get some birth control, only after the exclusive talk though =]

jupiter5
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:41 PM
2 moms liked this

as for which condoms, i wouldnt know i hate em!

catrig
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:42 PM
2 moms liked this
You might have to get a bunch to try. Also, get that man a std test.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wingedheart111
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Quoting jupiter5:

i would go to the family planning dr together, both get checked and u get some birth control, only after the exclusive talk though =]

Yea, I thought about that but I don't think we're "at that level" yet...I would do that if we were exclusive but we're not at that point so I'd feel weird asking him that :-\

CafeMom Tickers
wingedheart111
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Quoting jupiter5:

as for which condoms, i wouldnt know i hate em!

well...so did I...hence the baby lol

CafeMom Tickers
britmichele
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:45 PM
I haven't used them in years, but here's a bump for ya!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Go get checked for STDs and then get on birth control or learn about your body and use natural family planning?
ColieO
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:49 PM
We use Life Styles. I really don't feel a major difference between them. My husband hasn't said otherwise either. Ultra sensitive is what we've got right now.

I got the NuvaRing recently though soit's been a while since we've actually used them. About a month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelanscalf89
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:49 PM
You should both go in and get std testing then get on birth control that would be the best option but only if your exclusive to each other.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GremlinMom
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I HAVE to give head before a condom or DH goes soft before either of us finiah. We love Twisted by Trojan. Also, so far laying sideways (spooning) or him on top is not enough stimulation either, I have to be on top. It's getting boring but it ALWAYS feelings fuckin awesome.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN