Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Help us pick a prom dress...*new dresses* picture

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok so me & my niece is still on this prom dress hunt, at first she had 2 totally different dresses, but when we went to try the on she felt uncomfortable because of the long split, plus she's 15 & really tiny soo it's been kinda hard finding things that compliments her small frame that are also appropriate , we were looking online today & she has 2 new dresses she fell in love with,now she's undecided on if she wants a long or short dress, i added the picture of her in the middle soo u guys could see exactly how small she is...... help us decide please! Btw she's still undecided on the color soo feel free to throw in some color suggestions
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Replies (11-20):
kris0921
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:00 PM
More so of a hot pink, red, a rich blue or green. I would stay away from black, white, brown, and softer colors, like light colors.

Quoting LABELmeCUTE:

By bold color do you mean red,something loud like that?

Quoting kris0921:

I love mermaid on thin people more then a short dress. But the short dress is catching my eye big time. Also what is the theme? I would do a bold color on her instead of the softer tones.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3lilladies81
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Go with the gold she won't be able to dance to fast songs in the long one
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
loyamom
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Oh my goodness, I LOVE the Gold Dress!  I think it's more for her age as well :)

Moms Helping Moms Work at Home! www.homeisgreat.com 

bouncing mom

DarlaHood
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I think the plunge in the blue dress is inappropriate for a high school student.  I like the shape of the dress, but if one of my dd's wanted that dress, I would take it to a seamstress and ask for ideas about how to modify the plunge.  You might want to do that with the picture before you buy.  The yellow one is completely cute for a young girl and would be good with her skin tone.  However, if she is going to an actual prom, you may want to be sure it's not formal.  Most dances now are short dresses, but sometimes prom is the one dance more dressy. 

I definitely like the short one better.

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:24 PM

The gold one for a prom, but it shows a lot of flesh for a 15 year old. And is very short.

Rachelberres
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Honestly wearing a long dress to prom is a hassle in my opinion. It gets hot at prom! People step on your dress, you have to hold it up half the time and etc. For color I would go with a lighter color like white or a real like color. Or a really bright color like pink!

Good luck!
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:41 PM
The gold one but in green.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brightangel
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Love the gold one.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I think I like the gold one even though I think the blue is gorgeous!

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I like the long one, that way there isn't any butt cheek hanging out. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)