Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Stupid I know, but I'm paranoid!

Posted by   + Show Post
So honestly I feel like me and my boyfriend are going to get married and all that stuff. When we talk about it he doesn't deny so I don't feel stupid thinking that we'll be together forever and blah blah blah whatever you want to call it. But here's the thing he is very particular about the way he does things. And I guess we were raised so differently but I can't imagine my children the way him an his siblings are. OH MY GOD PLEASE DON'T LET IT BE. He's very germaphobe and he has to put his right shoe on first and let's the littlest things stress him out, his whole family gets stressed over nothing! It gets hard to be with them sometimes. And I'm the total opposite, free spirited, I don't care about germs, I haven't even ever gotten a flu shot. I say bless you when someone sneezes and I just feel like its polite and they don't and it kills me.

I'm scared for my future children just a little bit. I want then to be able to put on any shoe they want on first!
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Replies (11-13):
kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I agree with this....... 

Quoting ceciliam:

I guess you need to decide if these are things you can live with because it sounds to me like you may not be able to. Good luck.

Most times, people do not change all that much after marriage. 

LindaClement
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:46 PM

My children's relationship is nothing at all like mine was with my siblings, nor anything like dh's with his cousins (he's an only, but a huge, close extended family).

It wasn't an accident.

I suggest tracking down a copy of The Winning Family by Louise Hart.

nicoleg806
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:22 PM

It seems like they are set in their ways and that is how they were raised and who they are. Just like everyone else has been raised and are comfortable with it. You def need to decide if this is something you can live with. If you already have children together sit down and talk about how you both want to raise your child and what are the things you agree with that he does and things that bother you and let him do they same. You have to communicate to get things resolved. Hope everything works out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN