Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Someone might be in my garage 0_0*Update*

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:14 PM
  • 25 Replies

***I grabbed the two biggest kitchen knives we had and opened the door. It was my f****ing cat. Not only did he just about give me a heart attack but he also put a huge hole in the screen--which is how I'm assuming he was able to pull it open all the way. Ack---I feel so dumb. Thank you all though for being so sweet.***

Or it could be my cat. But I'm too scared to check.  My DD told me that the door handle was making a noise when she was cleaning up her toys and I figured she was just making stuff up.  I was walking towards the playroom which has the doors leading between the garage and the house.  I saw the screen door open really wide and I freaked out, ran at the door and locked the inside one.  Then I turned off the lights and texted my DH telling him and asking him when he would be home.  I haven't found one of our cats. 

DD had told me a little while before that the door was open a little and she pushed it shut.  I was assuming that I left it open a little when I took the garbage out.  I asked her if the door was open enough for the cat to get out and she said it was only open a teeny crack.  But she's 3 so I don't know if I trust her.

I'm scared but I don't want to call the cops and have it be my cat trying to get in the house.  Then I would feel stupid.  But I don't know how my cat could open the screen door all the way.

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jesuschild06
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:16 PM
if its gonna be a long while before hubby gets home... And theres no one else i could call to come check id be callin the police. I dont care. That is what they are for !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovehimforever
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

yeah. i would call the police and ask them to come check. better safe then sorry momma. 

please keep us updated. 

Beth3721
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I just talked to him on the phone and he told me to grab a knife and go out there.  He said the front door to the garage is probably open making the screen door fly open.  Now I'm scared and mad at him for thinking I'm being dumb.

zebbyzebby06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Dont do it cqll the cops

Quoting Beth3721:

I just talked to him on the phone and he told me to grab a knife and go out there.  He said the front door to the garage is probably open making the screen door fly open.  Now I'm scared and mad at him for thinking I'm being dumb.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
busymom64064
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:32 PM

So..............you are scared, but you don't want to call the police because you are afraid that you would look dumb?? I think that the police would rather come out there for nothing than to find you hurt or even murdered.

Quoting Beth3721:

Or it could be my cat. But I'm too scared to check.  My DD told me that the door handle was making a noise when she was cleaning up her toys and I figured she was just making stuff up.  I was walking towards the playroom which has the doors leading between the garage and the house.  I saw the screen door open really wide and I freaked out, ran at the door and locked the inside one.  Then I turned off the lights and texted my DH telling him and asking him when he would be home.  I haven't found one of our cats. 

DD had told me a little while before that the door was open a little and she pushed it shut.  I was assuming that I left it open a little when I took the garbage out.  I asked her if the door was open enough for the cat to get out and she said it was only open a teeny crack.  But she's 3 so I don't know if I trust her.

I'm scared but I don't want to call the cops and have it be my cat trying to get in the house.  Then I would feel stupid.  But I don't know how my cat could open the screen door all the way.

mmccrea
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Call the cops!  I would!  Better safe than sorry!

mommyof24ever
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:35 PM
I thought I heard someone outside before at night and called the cops. Get u and ur daughter to a safe
Place in the home and call the police . It is the best thing u can do they get paid to do rounds. U can even ask them to drive by a few times over the next couple hrs to make sure ut appears no oneis hanging around.
CrazyDaisy123
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I would call the police.  You aren't going to feel safe until you know.  With having a 3 yr. old in the house with you alone, they aren't going to think you're dumb.  After you call the police, is there a neighbor you can call to come over?  I hope it was just your cat.  Be safe and take care.

illinoismommy83
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I'd rather call the police on my cat than have this end badly.

Beth3721
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:41 PM

The door keeps opening.  DH told me that if it was a person they wouldn't just hang out in the garage playing with the door.  I still haven't called the cops.  I think I'm going to find our crowbar and a knife and open the door.   My cat didn't come when I opened a can of food.  I just keep thinking it has to be him and I'm just freaking out about nothing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)