Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Hello i need some advice, Im pregnant with my second child. And I was wondering what i could od to help my first not feel so left out when i have the next baby. My daughter is almost 2 and im due in May. Is there any thing i could do to make it easy for her to understand that there will be a baby coming into the house. Anything will help. Thank you !

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:27 AM
Replies (11-13):
Coffee247Needed
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Practice having her hold a baby doll, or stuffed animal wrapped in a blanket with nice hands. Show her that her "baby" is sleeping and have her practice being quiet. We do this with my son and it is adorable and I'm not even pregnant or considering it! But its fun for him and cute as a button and it practices things that you will need them to do when the baby comes. And then when the baby does come they can take care of their "baby" along with you taking care of yours.

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Does the hospital offer sibling classes? My kids both went to one when we were expecting our third and it was very helpful. A very wise woman told me not to tell my kids to love the new baby, but to tell them "look at the baby watching you!  Wow, he really loves you!"

Zazayam
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:52 AM

Get her a special baby doll.

Probably won't be an issue, my kids were super excited and in love with the new additions :)

Just when the baby gets here, make sure to include her in as much as you can, and have her help. Handing you a diaper will make her feel important and great about helping with her new brother.

Congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN