Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im 16. I have a 7m old and I think Im pregnant again.

Posted by   + Show Post

Theres already problems with my mom at home and i think im pregnant again. I wouldnt no how to tell her. what to say or how to tell anyone for that matter. I have a baby with another man and im currently going through court over custody battle. he is 18 and my current boyfriend is 19 I really dont no what to do. i dont have money to buy a test and i cant tell my mom so she can take me to the doctor......Im lost

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Replies (21-30):
vwd_johnson
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:50 AM
2 moms liked this
It cost $1 for a pregnancy test.... walk around town and I bet you'll find 4 quarters.

Quoting TJaydesMommy:

He already knows. He dont have money either. he's in collage

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Susan0805
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Go to the health department, if it's negative then talk to the about contraceptive... Or better yet focus on the child you have and making a good life and stop having sex!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleSw
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Look! It's a try hard troll!
luvmyaustin
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:52 AM
New boyfriend doesn't have a job to get you a test? Obviously you two choose out of birth control I'm assuming? Can he drive you to a free clinic?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TattoodMommy19
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Stop havng sex you idiot
tonijustine
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:57 AM
3 moms liked this

I recommend taking it one step at a time. First find out if you are pregnant. You can go to a crisis pregnancy center and they will do a pregnancy test. I think they are free, but it may very based on the center.

If you are pregnant, then if you need to consider which of the three options is best for your baby, your son, and you. It looks like you've ruled out abortion so that leaves parenting or adoption. Start by figuring out what you would need to do to parent this child. Where would you live? What income do you have? What resources are available? What kind of things do you want this child to have? How will this child impact what you are able to give to your first born? Make a parenting plan and see if it is something that seems workable.

Then research adoption. It has changed a lot from what is portrayed in the movies and on television. It is not all rosey, it does hurt, there are no guarantees, but some women decide that it is the best option for their children.

I am currently in an open adoption with our 7 month old son's birth mom. We share written updates, photos, videos, and are planning a visit. We've offered phone calls and Skype, but she jas to take us up on the offer. I can't say all adoptions are like ours is. There are people out there who will look to take advantage of you, but our family (and I include Em, our son's birthmom in that) is a testament to how it CAN work. Every adoption story is different, though, and it doesn't work for everybody.

the bottom line is you should take this one step at a time, but start with a parenting plan. If that proves unworkable or undesirable, then maybe consider adoption. But nothing needs to be decided RIGHT NOW.

Cassidysmom611
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I am sure you can scrounge 88 cents out of some couch cushions, or take some soda cans and get some money to get a test. In the mean time, stop having sex. 

shylynn22
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I'm not sure if this will help, but I went through the same thing, but I was a little older.
Rach91o
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:01 AM
your mum might be angry at first but your her daughter shell love you no matter what i think the sooner you tell her the better that way shes got longer to get used to the idea.. Maybe get a part time job to show her that your willing to help out and support your own kids.. Goodluck
story0702
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Try the free clinics in your area . Look into all your options . What's done is done but you can choose to be a responsible parent and person now. If you are preggo continue looking for a job and apply for help. Do NOT drop out of school. Tell the father right away . Be sure to get referrals from the clinic about your health care . If you aren't preggo please speak to the free clinic about protection. Get on birth control and get some condoms . You dont want another scare or a std. They should be able to help with both. And please do not take this the wrong way but maybe ask for a few referrals for counclers and teen mom support groups. It sounds like maybe you could use someone to help you think and talk through things with not just the pregnancy and kids but life in general . Hang in there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured