Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Im 16. I have a 7m old and I think Im pregnant again.

Posted by   + Show Post

Theres already problems with my mom at home and i think im pregnant again. I wouldnt no how to tell her. what to say or how to tell anyone for that matter. I have a baby with another man and im currently going through court over custody battle. he is 18 and my current boyfriend is 19 I really dont no what to do. i dont have money to buy a test and i cant tell my mom so she can take me to the doctor......Im lost

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Replies (41-50):
MelanieMans
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

banging head into wall

cupcake_mom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:23 AM

they sell tests at the dollar store, there is also planned parent hood, and the health department. you need to figure it out and if you arent you need to get on some birthcontrol NOW! i was a teen mom too, i was 19 when i had my 1st and 23 when i had my 2nd so i know how hard it is. my oldest dad an abusive peice of shit and fought tooth and nail and then at the last court date didnt show up. you need to tell your mom, or a friends mom you trust or the school nurse or someone! you need to test and then go from there

jhslove
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:25 AM

1) I agree with the others--buy a pregnancy test cheap at the store or else go to Planned Parenthood and find out whether you're pregnant for sure.

2) If you are, I would seriously urge you to consider giving the baby up for adoption if abortion isn't an option for you. You're clearly not prepared to handle having another baby.

3) You should only be having sex if you're prepared to handle the consequences--i.e. pregnancy. Since it appears that you're not prepared for that (because you're 16 and most 16-year-olds aren't), you should seriously consider not having sex for a while. Instead, focus on your education and supporting the one child you already have, and get your priorities straight for everyone's sake. Frankly, if I were your mother I would have issues with your decision-making skills, too.

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I am completely against abortion so I don't know where you got that idea from. The thing is that when you have an unplanned pregnancy once you should know exactly how babies are made and not to make that same mistake again.

I am not judging her for being a teen mom. I was one as well but you bet your ass that I learned about pregnancy and how my body works and made SURE that I didn't get pregnant again and I didn't use birth control or condoms because we have always used NFP.

Quoting amanda81919:

Its only bc she's 16, if she was 25 or 30, you'd all be telling her to keep it, its going to be ok. Anyone can have an unplanned pregnancy at any age. I have had two, bc birthcontrol fails for me, the pill and mirena. Both failed for me. So don't judge so quickly.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Start with:

Mom, I think there is something wrong with my brain because I got pregnant once as a teen and didn't learn my lesson and I think I am pregnant again.

Seriously? How the hell do you have ANOTHER unplanned pregnancy after going through it one time?

BKsMommi
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I feel so bad for the situation..i am not going to judge you.. but you are alive, young, so you can change your life for your children...be strong, if you choose to change your life for the better, you can..stand up for your children..and hey, abortion is never a solution..so face your problem and take care of your children..we make mistake, but if you do the same mistake over and over again, that is being dumb..so again, face your problem and prove to the world that you can be responsible..and one thing, call on God..He will never fail you..trust me, I have been through life's most bitter situations, yet I never let go of my faith..here I am, happy and no life's problems can shaken me..

ratchetlee
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Tell your mom anyway!!!

tifferie
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Why call your mom a cunt when she is probably supporting your child?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Get on birth control is what you should do. Geez. Sad you don't have money for a test and you already have a child =(

Did it to yourself though. No bashing here, but I don't feel bad for you for ruining your life. Sorry.

CafeMom Tickers
nonnarae
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
BIRTH CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RheaF
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I am sorry, but if you have unprotected sex, and are not on BC, you run the risk of getting pregnant. If she were 25 or 30 coming on an advice board, writing the same thing...people would tell her similar things(I have seen those posts).

However, she is 16 and she sounds like she needs the very real advice that is being given. Her Mother is abusive(according to her), her boyfriend cannot even afford a dollar store test for her to take. So she needs to come to terms with the fact that she needs more help than anyone here can give her.  

Mistakes happen, you grow up and you learn. You don't do the same thing over and over expecting different results. 

Quoting amanda81919:

Its only bc she's 16, if she was 25 or 30, you'd all be telling her to keep it, its going to be ok. Anyone can have an unplanned pregnancy at any age. I have had two, bc birthcontrol fails for me, the pill and mirena. Both failed for me. So don't judge so quickly.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Start with:

Mom, I think there is something wrong with my brain because I got pregnant once as a teen and didn't learn my lesson and I think I am pregnant again.

Seriously? How the hell do you have ANOTHER unplanned pregnancy after going through it one time?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN