Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Disappointed and taking child out of daycare

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:32 AM
  • 75 Replies

Hey mommas!! I posted something last night about my toddler who was excluded from his daycare party. I saw some pictures show up on my newsfeed that one of the parents and our daycare was tagged in saying Daycare social 2013!! He goes to an inhome daycare and she didnt invite us or mention it to us. She has invited us every other time and we have been with her for almost 4 years cause I have an older son. So even us going only one day a week is no reason to not invite us. She even went out of her way to block us from her status that reminded the daycare families about the party. I am pulling him out cause I think it is very unprofessional how she excluded our son and our family but invited the other families. If your a daycare owner and throw a daycare party you invite all or dont have it period. Here is my letter to her.

I am writing you this because I saw that you had a daycare social 2013 and for whatever reason you did not invite us or even mention anything to us about this. I found out through seeing on my facebook the tagged pictures of it. I am not sure why you would not invite Carter and our family to this party but yet you invited every other family and went out of your way to block us from your postings about it. This was very hurtful to our family. I don’t why you excluded us but we have been with you for almost 4 years and was welcome to every other daycare gathering. We find this unprofessional and are very disappointed. Carter will no longer be coming to your daycare. If you go out of your way to exclude us, we do not feel very welcomed.

Would you guys do the same? Or am I over reacting?

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
January1964
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I would be interested to hear the response.

Caitlinmari
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Quoting January1964:

I would be interested to hear the response.

Would you pull your child out?? I have a grandma who will babysit the wednesdays I do work. I sent him every wednesday really just so he could socialize cause even if I didnt work I still sent him.And I pick my own schedule so I can just not pick up wednesdays. I am interested to see what she says cause she tried to block me from the posts but a friend of mine is friends with her and told me about her status. And does my letter sound ok?

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I think you are over reacting.

Maybe she had a good reason? 

January1964
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I wouldn't do anything until I heard the reason for this. Your letter sounds good, nice and calm. I would have spoken to her in person. That way, I'd have a better chance to sense if she were lying. I don't prefer in-home daycares, so this is hard for me to answer.

livelaughlov26
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:41 AM
5 moms liked this
I would talk to her first. You are jumping the gun.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kiwilime
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I would absolutely pull my child.  You aren't in her home and don't know if she is excluding your son from some of the activities that the other children are participating in.  To me there is now a trust issue and if I don't trust you then you don't get to be paid to watch my child.

As for your letter, if you copied and pasted, there are a couple of grammatical errors that should be changed to make it more professional.  Other than that I think it is very well articulated and you made your point clearly with out attacking her.

Caitlinmari
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Quoting Mommy2justone:

I think you are over reacting.

Maybe she had a good reason? 

She could have a good reason but I am finding it hard to see what a good reason would be that you invite every child and family except one. if you cant afford all kids to come dont have one period or ask parents to pay for their own, if you have a problem with us(which I have never had a problem with her and dont have a mean bone in my body so not sure why she would have a problem with us)  you still need to be professional and not exclude a child.

Caitlinmari
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Quoting kiwilime:

I would absolutely pull my child.  You aren't in her home and don't know if she is excluding your son from some of the activities that the other children are participating in.  To me there is now a trust issue and if I don't trust you then you don't get to be paid to watch my child.

As for your letter, if you copied and pasted, there are a couple of grammatical errors that should be changed to make it more professional.  Other than that I think it is very well articulated and you made your point clearly with out attacking her.

yea I have some things to touch up on the letter still. But thats true I dont have trust now. And it sounds kinda dumb over  a daycare social but when your idea is a DAYCARE social which is including them all but leaving out one thats not right. Its like if a teacher had a classroom party for the whole classroom for the families but didnt tell one child on purpose and went out of their way to make sure the parents were blocked from any posts or info about it.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I would not send a letter because it just sounds, whiny (not trying to be mean) but I would probably look for another childcare option. If the owner asks why you are leaving then I might state my reason.

Raeann11
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I would first talk to her. How do you know she blocked you from all the stuff on Facebook? Because there could have been so sort of mix up or something else.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)