Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Disappointed and taking child out of daycare

Posted by   + Show Post

Hey mommas!! I posted something last night about my toddler who was excluded from his daycare party. I saw some pictures show up on my newsfeed that one of the parents and our daycare was tagged in saying Daycare social 2013!! He goes to an inhome daycare and she didnt invite us or mention it to us. She has invited us every other time and we have been with her for almost 4 years cause I have an older son. So even us going only one day a week is no reason to not invite us. She even went out of her way to block us from her status that reminded the daycare families about the party. I am pulling him out cause I think it is very unprofessional how she excluded our son and our family but invited the other families. If your a daycare owner and throw a daycare party you invite all or dont have it period. Here is my letter to her.

I am writing you this because I saw that you had a daycare social 2013 and for whatever reason you did not invite us or even mention anything to us about this. I found out through seeing on my facebook the tagged pictures of it. I am not sure why you would not invite Carter and our family to this party but yet you invited every other family and went out of your way to block us from your postings about it. This was very hurtful to our family. I don’t why you excluded us but we have been with you for almost 4 years and was welcome to every other daycare gathering. We find this unprofessional and are very disappointed. Carter will no longer be coming to your daycare. If you go out of your way to exclude us, we do not feel very welcomed.

Would you guys do the same? Or am I over reacting?

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Replies (11-20):
iluvsn85
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I would wait to see what she says, but I would still probably end up pulling him.
SpiritedMom2
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I think what you are doing is right. And like one of the pp's said - its now a matter of trust. I would NOT send my kid to someone I dont trust for small things because then I'm not sure about the big things either. If she's blocking you - then theres surely a reason for that and that makes me highly suspicious. I take anything to do with my kid very seriously even if its something so seemingly small as not being invited to a party. Is there something she wants you NOT to see when you observe how she interacts with your child...something is definitely off.

However - I would probably talk in person rather than write a letter. That way she cant NOT respond - and you have a chance to get to the bottom of things. Whatever the reason I  would definitely pull my kid out. Its not a matter of being HURT for not being invited but a matter of being SUSPICIOUS.

January1964
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Definitely talk to her. Don't send the letter. There could have been an honest mistake. Update us, please.

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Maybe it was just for full time children? You said that he was only going one day a week...

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting Mommy2justone:

I think you are over reacting.

Maybe she had a good reason? 

She could have a good reason but I am finding it hard to see what a good reason would be that you invite every child and family except one. if you cant afford all kids to come dont have one period or ask parents to pay for their own, if you have a problem with us(which I have never had a problem with her and dont have a mean bone in my body so not sure why she would have a problem with us)  you still need to be professional and not exclude a child.

amanda81919
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:12 AM
2 moms liked this
Well honestly, I'm going to be the bitch. I wouldn't have invited a family that was only there one day a week. I would have only invited the kids 3+ days a week. But whatever. I do think you are way overreacting. It was a party, not an abuse of your child. You are taking it way too personal. It could have been a simple miscomunication. But do what you feel is right.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Caitlinmari
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Maybe it was just for full time children? You said that he was only going one day a week...

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting Mommy2justone:

She could have a good reason but I am finding it hard to see what a good reason would be that you invite every child and family except one. if you cant afford all kids to come dont have one period or ask parents to pay for their own, if you have a problem with us(which I have never had a problem with her and dont have a mean bone in my body so not sure why she would have a problem with us)  you still need to be professional and not exclude a child.

could be but we have never been fulltime and she has invited us to other parties. Plus she has 11 kids in her daycare if she invites all the others does it make a difference to invite one more to make sure the whole daycare is included.

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:15 AM

This. I am a DCP and I wouldn't have bothered to invite someone who was only there one day a week. I would just let it go. 

Quoting amanda81919:

Well honestly, I'm going to be the bitch. I wouldn't have invited a family that was only there one day a week. I would have only invited the kids 3+ days a week. But whatever. I do think you are way overreacting. It was a party, not an abuse of your child. You are taking it way too personal. It could have been a simple miscomunication. But do what you feel is right.

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I don't know, but why don't you talk to her nicely before sending a termination letter. 
Usually when you employ someone you find out why they did what they did before termination.  

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting Mommy2justone:

could be but we have never been fulltime and she has invited us to other parties. Plus she has 11 kids in her daycare if she invites all the others does it make a difference to invite one more to make sure the whole daycare is included.

ambermarie2006
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:16 AM
What day was it on? If it was not on a Wednesday, maybe thats why?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caitlinmari
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:19 AM

She invited us to every other daycare event. and there is no miscommunication when she went out of her way to hide her status update about the party from us. Also she doesnt have that many kids if she invites all the others and my son is the only one that goes one day a week will it hurt her that much to include him in a daycare social. If your child is in a classroom and the teacher had a classroom party and invited all the kids except yours and then hid posts and information about it from you how would you feel?  if it was a birthday party etc. I wouldnt care. Also when her daycare was investigated last year and was shut down because a child was abused at home and was in her care within 12 hours of goin to the ER. she was quick to ask our family to write a letter for her. But when she has a daycare event she is quick to not include our child. Not cool.

Quoting amanda81919:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN